Responsible for the efficient and safe operation of all powered and non-powered material handling equipment. Position requires ability to perform all warehouse functions to include but not limited to shipping, receiving, and order fulfillment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a safe work environment and insures that all company safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Utilize RF equipment to accurately process all inbound (Receiving) and outbound (Shipping) and internal orders and requisitions.
- Ensures all transactions processed are accurate in item and quantity and processed accordingly.
- Perform cycle counts and assists with inventory accuracy by performing Quality Assurance inspections as required.
- With appropriate cross training, provides backup support for job functions within other departments.
- Performs stock consolidation to improve inventory production performance and maximize warehouse space.
- Maintains company 5S standards throughout assigned area of work.
- Meets and maintains productivity and quality standards relative to job responsibility as defined by department manager.
- Inspects and QA all outbound freight to insure correct items, quantities and no carton damaged freight is shipped without Manager approval.
- Palletize - Loads shipments to ensure no damage is incurred during transit.
- Loads product onto LTL, TL Trailers and Vans.
- Inspects all inbound freight for quantity and damage and completes appropriate documentation to include carriers BOL as per the department's Standard Work Instruction.
- Maintains knowledge of, and adheres to all department Standard Work Instructions to which assigned.
- On a daily basis prior to operation, completes the forklift inspection checklist, inspects material handling equipment for proper operation and reports any needed repairs to management.
- Performs C-TPAT compliance inspections and documentation per standard work instruction for all inbound and outbound international shipments.
- Maintains operational and warehouse security per C-TPAT policy.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- Previous forklift certification for Reach, Dock stocker or Sit down forklift.
- RF scanner experience.
- Must have excellent math, reading comprehension skills and the ability to write legibly
- Minimum of two years warehouse experience with one year of stand-up (Reach, Dock stocker) forklift experience.
- Must be physically able to perform assigned tasks that will require significant, walking, standing, bending, reaching and safely lifting up to 50lbs for extended periods of time. Team lift for items over 50lbs.
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.