MV Transportation is seeking a Fleet Maintenance Manager who will be a dynamic, multi-task oriented senior professional to manage all day-to-day maintenance aspects of this para-transit bus operation (primarily E450 cutaway vans). The Fleet Maintenance Manager will ensure that all contractual requirements are achieved, and duties included will consist of daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports. The Fleet Maintenance Manager must be able to properly manage a budget for maintenance program.
- Must have at least three (3) or more years of recent (within the last five (5) years) and relevant experience managing the maintenance functions of a fleet maintenance shop similar in scope, size, and complexity.
- Must have experience managing/ directing 10 plus employees (fleet Technicians/Service Workers/Cleaners).
- Experience working with a fleet of 50+ units within the last year.
- Previous passenger transportation in current project or similar environment preferred.
- Must be able to manage and interface with client.
- Must have the ability to track and control parts inventories, vendors and suppliers.
- Must be able to properly prioritize, implement and manage work schedules, projects and assignments.
- Must be able to manage the financial/accounting aspects of a fleet maintenance operation.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff in written and oral formats.
- Must have computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and Microsoft outlook.
- Must have technical competence with light/medium vehicle repair and preventive maintenance.
- Must display initiative, professionalism, candor and tact at all times.
- ASE, State of Michigan, or manufacture's certifications a plus.
- Solid knowledge of managing audits, PM schedules.
- Experience with propane powered vehicles a plus.
- Must have or be able to obtain State of Michigan driver's license with chauffeurs' endorsement.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
This job has expired.