Georgia-Pacific is hiring Flaker Operators to join the team at our OSB facility in Fordyce, AR. Successful employees will have opportunities to advance into new positions as they become available. Georgia-Pacific employees are self-motivated and have a commitment to attendance, excellence, and punctuality.If this role interests you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Georgia-Pacific in Fordyce, AR manufactures Oriented Strand Board (OSB) structural panels of compressed wood used in housing construction and remodeling. GP employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Communicating upset conditions and applying corrective measures in the equipment before problems escalate
- Reading technical manuals to understand equipment and controls
- Cleaningand lubricating equipment or machinery
- Performing periodic preventive maintenance routines to identify and correct mechanical defects before they fail (PM), preventive maintenance.
- Calibrate and maintain components and instruments according to manufacturer's specifications
- Performing minor machinery repairs
- Safely and effectively perform periodic maintenance routines to identify and correct mechanical defects before they fail
- Using hand tools and changing the blades on the equipment as needed
- Working rotating shifts, holidays, weekends and overtime as necessary
- Working in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
- Performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) year of experience or more working in a manufacturing, military or industrial environment
- Experience working with hand tools, power tools, precision measuring and testing instruments
- Experience interpreting process, instrumentation and technical drawings.
- Experience working with computers for record keeping and documentation functions
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two (2) years or more of experience working in a manufacturing, industrial, military, agriculture, construction, or warehousing environment
- Experience performing preventative maintenance schedules (PMS) in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Experience operating production equipment or large industrial equipment
- Experience working with mechanical processes
- Experience performing mathematical calculations on a regular basis
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job has expired.