Job Title: Sprinkler Designer
About Us:On May 1st, 1989, Rich Ackley and a team of talented people pooled their combined 100 years of experience and founded Dalmatian Fire, Inc. in Indianapolis, Indiana. On the same day, Rich also opened a branch office in Cincinnati, Ohio. The second week of Dalmatian's operations, the company sold an $8,900 tenant finish sprinkler job in Cincinnati.
In 1995, we opened our third branch office in Columbus, Ohio, and in 2005, we opened our fourth branch office in Louisville, Kentucky.
We joined Shambaugh & Son, L.P., a wholly-owned indirect subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. and together we perform more than $1B of construction projects per year with over 2,900 employees throughout 50 states from our home office in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
We recognize people as our most important resource and it is our mission to produce the industry's highest level of quality services and productivity on every project in order to develop repeat customers, maximize return on investment, and provide professional growth opportunities for people in the organization.
Job Summary: Shambaugh & Son L.P. is seeking a designer for Fire Protection Systems. You will develop, review, and evaluate fire sprinkler design drawings utilizing computer assisted drafting (AutoCAD and AutoSPRINK) equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design fire protection sprinkler systems, including fire pumps, tanks, wet, dry, pre-action, and deluge systems, with accuracy and detail to enable field installation with few design errors
- Submit design plans to proper department leadership for approval and obtain permits as required
- Calculate figures to convert design dimensions to resizing dimensions specified for subsequent production
- Prepare submittals and correspond with other trades
- Interface with clients and other construction professionals
- Coordinate with project managers
- Other duties assigned
Employer may test prospective employees for the presence of drugs, but must first inform prospective employees that they must undergo testing. Should the prospective employee refuse to provide a sample, or should the sample test positive, the employer may reuse to hire the prospective employee.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business discipline preferred or equivalent experience. Examples include: Architectural, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management Degrees
- 1-3 years minimum experience in the Fire Protection Design Field preferred but not required
- 1-3 years minimum of AutoCad experience
- Valid driver license and excellent driving record