Fire Protection Design Manager
Who We Are
The Design Manager will properly manage the Houston Fire Protection Engineering Department, providing a positive work atmosphere that is goal oriented, delivering the highest quality production from our people, all within predetermined time and cost parameters.
Northstar Fire Protection of Texas is a Texas based company. Northstar has been on the forefront of the fire protection industry since 1980. With offices in Austin, Lewisville, Houston, San Antonio, and Atlanta, GA we have grown to be a nationally recognized company. Northstar engineers, fabricates, and installs fire sprinkler systems for structures including commercial, government, healthcare, high-rise condominiums and mixed-use projects.
We joined Shambaugh & Son, L.P., a wholly owned indirect subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. and together we perform more than $800 million of construction projects per year with over 2,700 employees throughout 50 states from our home office in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
We recognize people as our most important resource and it is our mission to produce the industry's highest level of quality services and productivity on every project in order to develop repeat customers, maximize return on investment, and provide professional growth opportunities for people in the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• To maintain, train and develop an engineering staff to ensure the ability to properly design and manger any fire protection projects.
• To create a safer work environment and eliminate accidents and injuries.
• Create a relationship with customers to foster confidence and satisfaction.
• Create and develop department plans.
• Schedule and distribute new projects to the engineering team.
• Organize activities and ensure efficiency within the department.
• Oversee the design of complete and accurate fire protection systems in a timely and cost-effective manner in compliance with specifications, state and local codes and insurance company requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business discipline preferred or equivalent experience.
Examples include Architectural, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Construction
• RME-G Certified
• 7 to 10 years of experience in the Fire Protection Design Field.
• 10 years minimum experience of AutoCad and HydraTech.
• Ability to multi-task to the extreme.
• Candidate must also have good written and oral communication skills
• Knowledgeable in computers and Microsoft Office programs
Shambaugh is deeply committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all its job
applicants and employees. We seek to employ qualified persons in all job classifications and to
administer all personnel actions affecting our employees without discrimination on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
political ideology, ancestry, or genetic information. Individuals with a disability, disabled and
other protected veterans and any other characteristic protected by applicable law will be given the
fullest consideration for employment in positions for which they are qualified. We also are
committed to making reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with a disability as well
as abiding by any and all state and local laws, which in addition to the above prohibit
discrimination in any form.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!