South Western Communications
South Western Communications, SWC, is one trusted source for communication, physical security and life safety solutions to meet the needs of Healthcare, Education, Detention and Commercial customers. We utilize a consultative approach to conduct an in-depth needs analysis, enabling our customers to fulfill their mission critical processes. We continuously research and select only the best-in class product collection. We utilize these products to create an integrated solution with your goals and needs in mind, ensuring satisfaction and flawless integration. At SWC, we strive to exceed your expectations and invest the time and resources into every job because we care about our customers.
Title: Fire and Life Safety Service Technician
Reports To: Fire Service Manager
Classification: Non-exempt, Hourly with Full Benefit Package Including 401k
Position Summary: The Service Technician is responsible for servicing a wide variety of low voltage systems with an emphasis on Fire/ Life Safety. The Service Technician provides excellent customer service to all clients, while working effectively and efficiently in a high?paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides timely and efficient support to clients and their representatives.
2. Provides on?site and remote support and troubleshooting on a variety of fire/life safety systems.
3. Performs on?site repairs when possible, to resolve issues in one trip and owns the ticket through completion if return trips are required.
4. Advises customers on repairs, replacements, upgrade needs and other options.
5. Provides training for clients and end users, and gets customer sign off.
6. Assists installation division with programming and installation when necessary.
7. Performs upgrades and alarm takeovers as needed.
8. Communicates effectively with Fire Service Manager and support staff by submitting all necessary documentation (part numbers, description, photos, etc.) on service tickets.
9. Maintains an accurate inventory of service parts on company provided vehicle.
10. Maintains working knowledge of systems the company installs; adapts to and learns new systems as technology advances. Agrees to be a lifetime learner.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Takes part in on-call rotation for emergency after-hours service.
2. From time to time may be called upon to assist in other divisions.
3. Attends scheduled company meetings.
4. Attends training classes and participates in web-based training onsite or offsite as required.
5. Occasionally travels to job sites over 2 hours away that require overnight stays.
1. Experience with several of the following brands: Autocall, Silent Knight, Farenhyt, Notifier, Firelite, Gamewell-FCI, E3, etc.
2. 5+ years of experience with Fire/Life Safety systems.
3. Multiple manufacturer certifications.
4. Certifications from Electronic Security Association, including CST certification.
6. NICET Certification a plus.
1. Must have valid driver's license and clean driving record.
2. Must submit to and pass pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens as mandated by the Tennessee Drug Free Workplace program.
3. Must be able to become a registered alarm employee under the requirements of the State of Tennessee.
4. Must have extensive experience in the troubleshooting of Fire/Life Safety systems.
5. Must have clear and effective oral and written communication skills.
6. Must have advanced knowledge of how to read and interpret architectural, electrical, and mechanical drawings.
7. Must be able to pull and suspend wire according to code.
8. Must have a clear understanding of electrical, security, and safety codes.
9. Must be able to safely use hand and power tools.
10. Must be able to effectively communicate with supervisors to address problems that may arise in the field.
1. Must be able to regularly move up to 15 pounds, and frequently move up to 50 pounds, to varying heights.
2. Must be able to ascend, descend, and work atop ladders of varying heights, and exceeding 30 feet.
3. Must be able to distinguish colors and sound tones
4. Must be able to recognize horn and/or warning devices at a distance of 30 yards.
5. Must be able to observe and detect signs of dangerous obstacles at a distance of 30 yards and to verify written information at a close range.
6. Must be able to operate and work in a variety of lifts in excess of 50 ft.
1. Work is conducted indoors and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions and within extreme temperature ranges.
2. From time to time the technician will be required to enter confined areas such as attics or crawl spaces.
Benefits: Company provided vehicle, laptop, and other equipment as needed. Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401k beginning the first of the month after 30 days of employment.
Disclaimers: Job descriptions do not typically include every duty or responsibility that a person in the role may be asked to perform. Employee should be willing and able to perform other related duties as they are assigned.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our