As a Financial Analyst Intern for the Sales & Marketing functions at Benjamin Moore, this position is responsible for finance functions from start to finish. This role supports the Sales & Marketing teams with annual budget process, operating views, monthly forecast and month end close analysis along with ad hoc projects. This role will also assist business leaders to make the right strategic decisions to achieve financial goals. This role actively interacts with other corporate functional groups to support any issues related to Sales & Marketing.
The Financial Analyst - Sales & Marketing role reports to the Senior Financial Planning Analyst as a part of the FP&A Team. There are no direct reports reporting into this role.
- Engage with the Sales & Marketing teams and provide financial/business perspective
- Assist in developing the annual budgets and periodic financial projects
- Perform P&L analysis monthly, quarterly, and yearly and identify risks and opportunities
- Perform account reconciliation and prepare and post monthly accruals and reclass entries
- Facilitate monthly financial review meeting with business cost center owners to review monthly actuals, variances to Plan and projected spending levels for remaining year
- Understand and communicate key drivers for variances and provide financial analysis, insights, and recommendations for more efficient and effective use of budgeted funds
- Develop finance models in support of specific projects and determine the most efficient use of capital. Monitor spending commitments to ensure compliance with approved spending levels. Perform post-completion reviews of major projects.
· Act as a business partner between Sales & Marketing Teams and other corporate functional areas such as Accounting and Procurement to promote corporate wide guidelines and policies
· Assist with review of contracts and SOWs for financial implications and terms & conditions.
· Provide financial support for enterprise level initiatives. Assist with development of financial plan and keep track of changes and provide status to the project management team.
· Prepare ad-hoc analysis and reports requested by various teams
· Assist with review of Capex Approval Request and track capital expenditure spending by Internal Order
· Assist Sales & Marketing Leadership teams in creating Purchase Requisitions (PR's) and performing Goods Receipts or Service Entries within SAP and provide guidance on the proper Material Types to be usedRequired Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-3 years of Accounting experience, understanding of US GAAP accounting knowledge
- Must be highly analytical and inquisitive with strong organizational abilities, keen attention to detail, and ability to meet monthly deadlines and goals
- Strong working knowledge Microsoft Office; proficient in Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent organizational, managerial, interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills, ability to work in a team-based, continuous improvement environment, ability to deal with ambiguity
- Expected travel up to 5% in US and Canada, no extended projects. Knowledge of SAP and/or Business Objects is a plus
- Business Acumen
- Strong customer focus dedicated to meeting expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Seen as a team player that encourages collaboration and quickly gains trust and support of peers. Finds common ground and solves problems for the benefits of all
- Manage multiple tasks and projects with the ability to prioritize and respond quickly to customer requests based on shifting priorities
- Analyze, investigate and resolve issues related to daily work by applying knowledge of policies, procedures and internal processes
- Ability to drive for results to complete goals successfully
- Align and operate within the company's core ethics and values
- Ability to communicate openly and honestly with colleagues and customers. Takes personal responsibility for the quality and content of the work, and complies with information confidentiality requirements where applicable
- Ability to work in a rapidly evolving environment and quickly grasp new concepts by demonstrating and applying knowledge of these tasks timely and accurately
- Establishes and maintains strong business relationships by collaborating with customers by fully understanding and meeting their expectations
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.Safety
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we've modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees-including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.