The Field Technician performs routine checks of water and/or wastewater treatment systems; responsible for compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local rules/regulations. Assist in all areas of operations, maintenance, and customer service as needed for all facility systems within the company. Will perform all supervisor assigned task.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
SKILLS & ABILITIES Education :
- Performs routine checks of the facilities; responsible for compliance with TCEQ or NPDES permit. Observes and monitors equipment and operations daily; assesses problems, diagnoses equipment failures; checks water well(s), lift station(s), treatment plants, etc.
- Operates belt presses; ensures that facility is clean at all times - scrubs and washes down facility as required.
- Orders supplies as needed in order to maintain inventory.
- May provide functional supervision of Field Technician in Training; establishes priorities, determines duties, schedules work, provides training as needed.
- Performs daily analyses of effluent samples; makes any adjustments necessary to keep facility within permit limits; sets up sampler for required regulatory samples.
- Maintains daily log of data for EPA and TCEQ reports.
- Assists with scheduling and performing routine preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Assists with water and wastewater line repairs, new line installation, other work as directed.
- Inspect and maintains pumps, motors, valves and other plant equipment in working order, troubleshooting problems as they arise.
- Pull motors and pumps for repair, and fabrication of parts as necessary.
- Respond to and investigate customer service calls.
- Other duties as assigned
Requires knowledge normally acquired through attainment of a High School Diploma or GED plus job-related skills and technical knowledge of water and wastewater operations and maintenance attained by specialized course and on-the-job training.High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)Experience :
Requires two years of directly related experience in water and/or wastewater system operations, maintenance, customer service, and prefer experience operating back-hoe and/or track-hoe equipment.One to two years related experienceTCEQ License:
A class D Water Certification issued by the TCEQ.Computer Skills
Basic computer skills and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel) required, attainable through education/training and/or on-the-job training. Microsoft Office Suite.Other Requirements
Requires interaction and cooperation to coordinate work, resolve problems and obtain information. Requires application of a variety of procedures and guidelines and the adaptation of standard methods to differing situations. Job may require occasional irregular hours, shift work, working weekends, being on call.
This job has expired.