At Reality Labs, we aim to bring together the brightest cross-disciplinary minds in one place to deliver on our mission: build tools that help people feel connected, anytime, anywhere.The demand for higher performance, superior user experience, and value of our products has been constantly growing. To meet those needs we must continually innovate and push the boundaries of physics and engineering. If you are passionate about working on AR/VR products with ground-breaking technologies, comfortable in a friendly and yet fast paced environment, and have exceptional hands-on experiences with building and testing small rotating machinery, we want you to join our team.We are seeking a Fan Design and Analysis Engineer to help us drive small centrifugal fan development for active cooling solutions. The ideal candidate will have the extensive experiences of building centrifugal fan prototypes for electronics cooling application, and testing their aerodynamic and acoustic performances, and also be familiar with brushless DC motor design, and motor drive control.
Fan Design and Analysis Engineer, Reality Labs Responsibilities:
- In early architecture, work with the PD and Thermal teams to select and design custom fan solutions best suited for our products, balancing cost, performance, and noise.
- Design, assemble, and test system level prototypes focused on evaluating in system fan performance.
- Perform DoE studies to balance the fan performance with considerations to form factor, acoustic noise, airflow, and static pressure inside the system.
- Drive internal fan development and optimization activities.
- Coordinate and drive fan prototyping needs. This includes all relevant activities: Source and select BLDC motors, bearings, shaft, motor drive board Work with internal or external partners for fan impeller, fan cover, and pillow plate fabrication, assembly, and build quality verification.
- Conduct aerodynamic and acoustic performance testing and evaluation of small centrifugal fans.
- Drive vendors to impediment and test custom fan designs.
- End-to-end fan design and manufacturing ownership.
- 2+ years of experience with prototyping, assembling small high-precision rotating machinery, and testing fixture design.
- 2+ years of experience in 3D modeling with Unigraphics, NX, SolidWorks, Creo or Pro/E.
- 2+ years of experience with performing aerodynamic and acoustic tests to evaluate the performance of rotating machinery.
- Experience working productively in a fast-paced environment with multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience with 3D printing, plastic injection molding, sheet metal design and fabrication, and system assembly.
- Experience with aerodynamics and acoustics testing, and data analysis.
- 4+ years experience in centrifugal fan design for electronics cooling.
- Experience with turbomachinery component design including impeller, volute housing, bearing and shaft and system assembly design.
- Experience with data processing and visualization tools such as Excel, MATLAB, or Python.
- Experience with prototyping, and validation of small turbomachinery devices such as low-noise fans or blowers.
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or related field, with an emphasis on aeroacoustics and turbomachinery.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.