Facilities Support I
Day Shift:6:00 AM-2:30 PM
What Can We Give You?
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Matching up to 4%, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, 10 Paid Holidays, Paid Parental Leave, and more!
Facilities Support I at Ditch Witch:
This employee supports the Perry Campus and works in the cardboard bailing and trash compactor area. This position reports directly to the Supervisor for Custodial Support. He or she will also perform other duties as assigned.
What Will You Do?
What Do You Need?
- Gathers, loads and compacts cardboard.
- Empties the trash dumpsters and compacts contents for disposal.
- Operates the sweeper/scrubber, forklift or "whizbang."
- Performs routine service on PIE (powered industrial equipment)
- Drives various company vehicles (cars or light pick-ups)
- Assists with company events by moving office furniture, setting up, tearing down and cleaning up.
- Performs multiple tasks that require overhead reaching throughout workday.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Have appropriate reading, clerical, and basic math skills. This includes the ability to understand written instructions, record transactions accurately, and perform basic calculations.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Able to regularly handle items weighing up to 50 pounds, and occasionally push/pull items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Work independently much of the time, with limited supervision.
- Manufacturing plant conditions (indoors, variable temperature and humidity, noise, and dirt).
- Exposure to outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Physical hazards such as powered vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic, overhead storage, and materials handling.
- Working with hazardous materials, including LPG, solvents, oils, grease, acids, caustics, paints, and batteries.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.