EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Job Summary: Performs preventive maintenance, troubleshoots and repairs commercial property by self- performing or coordinating subcontracting of the following duties. The hours for this position are: 10 am - 7 pm Monday - Thursday and 9 am - 6 pm Sunday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs preventive maintenance work orders according to schedule.
- Executes all work in safe and professional manner by completing all work accurately and on time.
- Light electrical skills. Emergency lights, exit signs, lamp sweeps.
- Maintains and repairs plumbing systems.
- Maintains and repairs interior and exterior finishes of buildings. Keeps facilities clean in appearance, removing trash as required.
- Paints interior and exterior walls and trim, tile repair, generally touch ups and repairs
- Operate scissor or boom lifts, and work from ladders to replace light bulbs and to hang banners.
- Completes and submits paperwork, work orders and other requests accurately and on time.
- Assists Site Manager with HVAC, Central Plant activities when needed.
- GED or Equivalent two-year college or technical trade school; or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- Two to five years mechanical experience, including electrical plumbing, carpentry, required.
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Strong Problem Solving and Logic Required
- Must be able to read and understand Standard Operating Procedures, Local Operating Procedures, and retain and use information in execution of daily job duties
- Must be able to adapt to rapidly changing situations
- Possess the ability to work overtime on short notice
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to handle multiple jobs with minimal supervision
This position is located at:
500 Inland Center Drive
San Bernardino, CA 92408Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The associate is routinely required to work at heights while using lifts and ladders too.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.