Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career... or your job title...it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters...do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage environmental performance and reporting for all GW facilities.
- Communicate with Environmental regulators at all levels.
- Plan and manage all phases of major and minor facility projects.
- Create and adhere to project budgets and project schedules.
- Capable and comfortable leading a project group.
- Manage the work of contractors to meet project deadlines and keep equipment in operational order.
- Maintain energy tracking databases. Complete energy reporting for local and HQ purposes.
- Assist Department Managers in equipment maintenance, project management and environmental compliance issues.
- Assist maintenance department in project management, contractor management, technical resources, training resources, safety programs, continuous improvement and environmental compliance.
- Create and manage the Capital spending plan.
- Manage facility layout drawings.
- Help department managers develop capital equipment justifications.
- This position, while not a management position, requires leadership in all facets mentioned above.
- This position requires a high energy, fast moving person who is capable and comfortable with numerous, concurrent projects and responsibilities. Candidates must be intrinsically motivated to make decisions, pursue improvements and follow through on numerous tasks and projects.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Five (5) years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have sufficient proven technical knowledge of all equipment, processes and products related to facilities management.
- Must have fundamental understanding of facility mechanical systems, electrical distribution systems, fire safety systems, site security systems and structural systems.
- Must understand fundamental procurement requirements and adapt to those employed by the site and Corporate.
- Must have a full understanding of Capital spending programs including developing economic justifications and calculating ROI.
- Should possess sufficient leadership and project management skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency using word processing, spreadsheet, project management and CAD software applications.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.