JOB TITLE: Extrusion Operator
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt (hourly)
EFFECTIVE DATE: January 1, 2010
Ability to operate all Extruders and repeletizers generally unassisted. Able to communicate quality issues, complete required documentation (ie: profile and daily material reports). Report machine malfunctions and ensure good quality sheet. Perform work under Shift Supervisor with final approval by the Production Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Ability to learn and operator all extruders within defined specification without assistance.
- Recognize heating/cooling problems on all machines and report any issues immediately.
- Start up and shut down all extruders unassisted.
- Assist in "stringing up" all extruders.
- Complete job/color changes with minimal scrap.
- Perform adjustments to die.
- Monitor feed and mixing systems for proper operation.
- Correct formulas and rates for each product type.
- Match and distinguish colors from samples.
- Produce good tight rolls.
- Produce each roll to correct width and gauge.
- Able to use a fire extinguisher.
- Climb heights up to 60 feet to report silo readings and material held in each silo.
- Get assistance to resolve any issues to get machine back in operation.
- Well rounded knowledge of quality of all products.
- Housekeeping, must keep all areas free of debris.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including all safety regulations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, but not required. Minimum of one (1) year manufacturing experience; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience. Need to have good math, reading, and writing skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, kneel and crouch. Move by pushing or rolling 400 to 500 pound rolls of foam unassisted.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee will work in a manufacturing and/or warehouse environment in all types of weather. While performing the duties of this job the employee regularly works with manufacturing equipment. An employee performing the duties of this job is required to use proper safety procedures to eliminate any potential hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
26 Republic Plaza, Middletown, New York 10940
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!