Posted in Education and Training
Location:Howard County General Hospital, Columbia, MD 21044
Category:Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 499903
Location: 5755 Cedar Lane, Columbia, MD 21044
Day Shift, 6:45 am - 6:00 pm
Non-Exempt; Pay Grade: CH
The Exercise Physiologist works in nationally certified cardiac and pulmonary rehab program for all phases of rehab (in-patient and out-patient). The exercise physiologist plans, coordinates, and implements exercise and related programs for both cardiac and pulmonary rehab. The job duties are to provide assessments and treatments of patients; perform a wide a variety of non-invasive cardiac and pulmonary tests; organize and conduct medically prescribed cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation services for inpatients and/or outpatients to restore function, prevent disability following disease, injury, or loss of a body part, improve cardiac and pulmonary healing and assist the patient in reaching his/her maximum possible level of functioning to assume a place in society while learning to live within the limits of their disease. The exercise physiologist follows guidelines, requirements, and recommendations from AACVPR and ACSM. Innovations improve work procedures and methods and primarily result in some time and cost savings. Work frequently requires internal contacts outside the work group to exchange work-related information. Contact with external contacts involves providing or getting factual information. Requires normal courtesy and tact in dealing with others.
1. Master's Degree of Science in Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science, or Kinesiology or related field.
2. Two (2) or more years experience in cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation setting required, relevant to the setting(s) to which the employee will be assigned.
1. Current ACLS certification required. ACL needs to be obtained prior or within the first three (3) months of employment.
2. Current CPR certification.
3. American College of Sports Medicine Exercise Specialist certification and/or American College of Sports Medicine Registered Clinical Exercise Physiology Exam preferred.
1. Must pass hospital Arrhythmia test within three (3) months of hire.
2. Knowledge of Scottcare telemetry system preferred.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/exercise-physiologist-prn-allied-health-clinical-professional-howard-county-general-hos-499903-46029/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-27221cf67b538748961a49aa39217c1f
*By registering with our site, you agree to our