The Tippie College of Business is looking to hire an Executive Director, Strategic Partnerships to develop and lead the strategic partnerships initiatives for the Tippie College of Business to ensure positive partner experiences and to optimize the value of relationships for all parties. Overall metrics and accountability will be based on the mission of expanding and enhancing our reputation through regular interactions and development of routes for partners in all industry sectors, state through global, to 'enter' the active life of the College. This person will work directly with the Dean and administrative leadership team, as well as Department Executive Officers, to broaden and deepen the connections between Tippie and its partners.
This position will require regular local and regional and occasional national travel.
Our working environment is one of welcoming inclusion, where every employee is expected to maintain effective, civil, and respectful working relationships and uphold a high standard of cultural competency and respect for difference that represents the Tippie College of Business' commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Who we are.
It's hard to describe the Tippie College of Business in just a few words.
We are over 4,000 students, in programs spanning BBA to PhD. We are six academic departments- accounting , business analytics , economics , finance , marketing, and management and entrepreneurship . We are eight centers and institutes , and four student-managed endowment funds . We are 50,000 alumni and growing.
Our leadership is forward-thinking, pioneering, and embraces our responsibility to pursue excellence through diversity . Our advisory boards serve as eyes and ears to industry. Tippie is regularly listed in top business school rankings . We install the best technology to support our research and teaching mission, both in our on-campus facilities and at our remote locations.
We hold the gold standard of accreditations, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business ( AACSB ), and have maintained the accreditation for over 95 years (since 1923). Explore Tippie's people, initiatives, programs, and more. There's a lot to learn, and a lot to love.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Message Development and Implementation
- Coordinate closely with Executive Leadership Team to develop college-level brand identity/message and oversee brand integration as presented to organizational and community partners.
- Promote recurring and essential contact with partner organizations that showcases Tippie college expertise.
- Lead college-wide strategy for developing a portfolio of organizational and community partners that promotes deepening engagement over time with the Tippie College.
- Expand the depth and breadth of new and existing partnerships, resulting in expanded curricular and co-curricular engagements, research collaborations, executive education, and placement opportunities for students.
- Oversee and assume direct accountability for strategic planning and operational activities for organizational and community partnerships across the Tippie College of Business.
- Develop a continuum of partner levels, with criteria for involvement (i.e., hiring students, sponsoring projects, participating in exec ed) that can be used to motivate deeper and broader engagement with the college.
- Assume accountability for the financial management of the strategic partnerships budget including establishing a culture of stewardship of resources through effective budgeting and fiscal activities.
- Manage school's overall sponsorship budget to meet priority objectives connected to strategic initiatives.
- Develop and supervise staff who are responsible for the execution of strategy for partner engagement and reputation enhancement.
- Cultivate strong performance and ongoing development of staff.
- Leverage existing and emerging tools (e.g., Salesforce) to track, measure, report and provide transparency to the scope and outputs of new and existing relationships.
- Make decisions using relevant data to grow and strengthen partnerships and impact on collegiate reputation.
For a copy of the full job description, please email the contact listed below. Position Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Typically, 5-7 years of successful creation, advancement and maintenance of productive relationships across multiple constituent groups
- Expert proficiency in strategic thinking and innovative program design.
- Expert proficiency in creating, advancing, and maintaining productive internal and external relationships
- Expert proficiency in collaborating and embracing diversity, working with a variety of individuals and groups to foster respectful communication, learning and spirit of cooperation
- Expert proficiency in budget planning, oversight and management related to staffing, team-building, operations, and resources
- Expert proficiency in written and verbal communications
- Experience successfully supervising staff
- Demonstrates collaborative leadership in processes, policies, and behavior affecting organizational administration and performance.
- Valid driver's license and ability to meet and maintain UI Fleet Safety driving requirements.
- Experience working in higher education administration (for example, an AACSB-accredited business school) or in an organization with significant B2B focus
- Experience managing multiple projects and implementing new programs
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Salesforce or similar tools
- Experience managing change.
- In order to be considered for an interview, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter and mark them as a "Relevant File" to the submission.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
- Classification Title: Comm/Const Relations Director
- Appointment Type: Professional and Scientific
- Schedule: Full-time
- Organization: College of Business
- Contact Name: Malik Kelly
- Contact Email: email@example.com