Are you ready to grow your dream career and become part of our ohana? Aqua-Aston Hospitality is an operating business of Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation, a world premier organization with resorts in destinations around the globe. Join our team and help us create exceptional vacation experiences for our guests!
Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance in all areas of responsibility. Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high-quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved. Areas of responsibility comprise overseeing all food preparation areas (e.g., banquets, room service, restaurants, bar/lounge, and employee cafeteria) and all support areas (e.g., dish room and purchasing).
This is an exempt position and will be paid on a salaried basis in accordance with state and federal law.
Education, Certifications, and Experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- High School diploma or GED
- Serve Safe Certificate
- 6 years' experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area in hospitality resort setting OR 2 year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years' experience in the culinary, food and beverage or related professional area.
Leading Kitchen Operations for Property:
- Leads kitchen management team.
- Provides direction for all day-to-day operations.
- Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence or determine appropriate replacement to fill gaps.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Establishes and maintains open and collaborative relationships with employees and ensure employees do the same within the team.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems and concerns.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
Setting and Maintaining Goals for Culinary Function and Activities:
- Develops and implements guidelines and control procedures for purchasing and receiving areas.
- Establishes goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related t safety.
- Manages department controllable expenses including food cost, supplies, uniforms, and equipment.
Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility. Responsible for participating in the creation of annual budgets. Managing and leading the unit in all forecasting and cost controls to meet and exceed units operating financial potentials and goals:
- Knows and implements the brand's safety standards.
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met:
- Must possess the ability to work hands on in any kitchen environment pertaining to a three- meal period and high-volume production in fine dining, butchering, making soups, stocks, sauces, roasting sauteing, broiling, grilling, and cold food production.
- Provides direction for menu development.
- Monitors the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Determines how food should be presented and create decorative food displays.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations, and flavor.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Ensures employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
- Maintains purchasing, receiving, and food storage standards.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Constantly provide support and maintain materials (MSDS, Recipe Book and Guidelines, etc.), supplies, etc. to ensure team members have the proper tools to provide Exceptional Guest Service.
- Ensure that kitchens and equipment are in good working order to ensure a clen and hazard free work area complies with the Department of Health, OSHA, and MUGEN guidelines. Monitor by proper documentation and work with facilities, culinary, and sanitation departments if any area is below standards or not functioning properly.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service:
- Provides and supports service behaviors that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guests' needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards, and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service, and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service. Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters. Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results, and other data to identify areas of improvement.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities:
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Trains kitchen associates on the fundamentals of good cooking and excellent plate presentations.
- Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
- Interacts with the Banquet Chef and Catering department on training regarding food knowledge and menu compositions.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
- Manages employee progressive discipline procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Provides information to executive teams, managers and supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, email or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Regular attendance should be dictated by Executive Chef's own sense of job related duties and commitment to the Company (i.e. should be available for all shifts in department to see on a weekly basis, VIP events, usual business demands, weekend nights unless attending other pre-planned events).
- Work involves climbing, kneeling, balancing, crouching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, and grasping. The noise level in this environment can be loud at inspection sites.
- Interview, select and train employees
- Set and adjust their rates of pay and hours of work
- Direct the work of employees
- Appraise employee productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status
- Handle employee complaints
- Discipline employees
- Plan the work
- Determine the techniques to be used
- Apportion the work among the employees
- Determine the type of materials, supplies, machinery, equipment or tools to be used or merchandise to be bought, stocked and sold
- Control the flow and distribution of materials or merchandise and supplies
- Provide for the safety and security of the employees or the property
- Plan and control the budget
- Monitor or implement legal compliance measures
- Customarily and regularly direct the work of at least 2 or more full-time employees or their equivalent (1 full-time employee at 40 and 2 half-time employees at 20 hours each, are equivalent to 2 full-time employees).
- Authority to hire or fire other employees or make suggestions and recommendations as to the hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or any other change of status of other employees.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture Job Requirements
#US Aqua Aston Site Operations
This job has expired.