Executive Assistant I to Admissions and Student Services
Posting #: 4515
Welcome to the Hahn School of Nursing. Throughout all our programs, we prepare the next generation of nurse scientists, leaders, advanced clinicians, and informaticists to meet humanity’s most urgent needs—with compassion and with intellectual rigor.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
The Executive Assistant (EA) serves as general administrative support and key point of contact for Admissions and Student Services in the Hahn School of Nursing and Health Science. The EA communicates extensively with prospective graduate students, and individuals from the community, faculty, staff and students in the Hahn School of Nursing and Health Science. The EA is also responsible for responding to questions and inquiries relating to nursing admissions, financial aid opportunities, and assisting the Director of Admissions and Director of Student Services with data tracking. The EA assists with recruitment events and marketing initiatives under the direction of the Director of Admissions. The EA also manages all office documents, visitors, students, and personnel matters in the strictest of confidentiality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
General Administrative Support of the Director of Admissions
- Assist with general admissions and financial aid inquiries via phone and email.
- Schedule prospective and current student appointments with the Director
- Order supplies, equipment, and promotional materials for admissions purposes
- Monitor and organize nursing admissions marketing inventory.
- Maintain all admission documents and student records for the nursing programs.
- Create and maintain applicant files
- Create and maintain applicant databases
- Enter student applicant data in applicant databases
Recruitment/Marketing/Prospective Students Process - Inquiry Communication Process
- Respond to inquiries made by prospective students/applicants and manage prospect follow-up
- Track prospective and newly admitted student data and manage student database
- Proofread marketing materials, ads, promotional materials, and articles
- Assist the Director of Admissions and Director of Student Services with nursing formation sessions, open houses, fall orientation, career fairs and recruitment events (e.g., room reservation, catering, emailing invitations, post events online,, track registration, create name tags, create informational packets/promotional materials, setup/clean up)
- Assist Director of Admissions with planning and preparation of program webinars for recruitment and enrollment
Support to the Director of Student Services
Special Conditions of Employment:
- Assist with scholarship and grant data coordination
- Prepare and processes School of Nursing financial aid award letters
- Monitor financial aid spreadsheet data and run reports utilizing Salesforce/Google Sheet
- Assist with reconciling awards and tracking fund balances
- Assists in resolving procedural problems regarding aid/billing posting
- Coordinate scholarship committee meetings (schedule rooms, Zoom links, maintain meeting minutes)
- Assist with maintenance of SON Blackboard site for scholarship and job opportunities
- Assist with Navy Duty Under Instruction Scholarship (DUINS); create, process and monitor cost quotes for enrolled Navy DUINS students
Must be able to work flexible hours including occasional early morning, evening and weekends.
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/ Background check:
Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.Degree Verification Requirement
: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Job Requirements:Minimum Qualifications:
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required and 1-3 years of administrative experience. Additional experience may substitute for education at the rate of one year of experience is equivalent to two years of education
- Must process strong organization and time management skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize workload effectively.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Understanding and commitment to the mission and purpose of USD as a private, Catholic, liberal arts based University.
Posting Salary:$24.00 - $28.55 per hour; Excellent Benefits
- Intermediate to advanced in computer and skills, database and spreadsheet software (E.g., Microsoft Office Suite, CRMs such as Salesforce or HubSpot), email and internet.
- Ability to learn and use software and implement programs to create and enhance existing databases, spreadsheets, and tracking systems.
- Ability to analyze reports, summarizing and presenting information from the database.
- Attend necessary professional development and job-related training.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in an effective, pleasant and articulate manner.
- Proven ability to work independently without supervision
- Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to work in a busy environment of regular interruptions, multiple projects with high customer service standards
- Mature, positive attitude and team player
- Display consistent, professional punctuality and attendance record
- Proven ability to follow through on projects and to work with minimal supervision
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: BenefitsThe salary range provided in this posting reflects what we reasonably expect to pay for this position. Actual compensation offered or earned is dependent on experience, education and other factors including departmental budget.Special Application Instructions:Resume Required, Cover Letter Preferred
Click 'Apply Now' to complete our online application and, for full consideration, please upload a resume
to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. You are also strongly recommended to upload a cover letter
to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at email@example.com Additional Details:Hours:
37.5 hours per weekClosing date:
March 27, 2023Note
: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.Advertised:
March 13, 2023 Applications close:
March 27, 2023 To apply, visit https://jobs.sandiego.edu/cw/en-us/job/496289/executive-assistant-i-to-admissions-and-student-services
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency