GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT
MGH Equity and Community Health (E&CH) guides the institution in providing patient care, programs and services that meet the needs of diverse patient and clinical and research workforce populations. E&CH works with MGH, MGB and numerous community partners to address root causes of health inequities and the strategic initiatives of the Hospital to be at the forefront of an inclusive healthcare environment. Under the umbrella of E&CH, there are many centers supporting the foundation of our work including the Center for Diversity and Inclusion (CDI), the Disparities Solution Center (DSC), and the Center for Community Health Improvement (CCHI).
The Evaluation Hub of E&CH is seeking a full-time evaluation specialist to provide analytic support for programmatic and evaluation activities centered on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) and other E&CH programmatic needs. Under the supervision of the Director of Evaluation at E&CH and guidance from the Executive Director of CDI, the evaluation specialist will be responsible for day-to-day data coordination and reporting for priorities related to overall E&CH needs, the Eval Hub, and centers within the department, specifically the Center for Diversity and Inclusion which leads and manages programs and initiatives to advance the careers of trainees, physicians, scientists, and patient care staff at MGH. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining databases and leveraging existing data sources (patient health information, workforce databases, quantitative and qualitative surveys, etc.) to inform strategic priorities and programs related to workforce diversity, recruitment/retention, patient access, disability status, LGBTQIA+, to name a few priority areas. To support program implementation under E&CH, the evaluation specialist will reconcile multiple reporting systems, ensure data integrity and management, and will collaborate with department staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Overall Evaluation Duties
E&CH Program Duties
- Support Evaluation Hub, E&CH centers, and end-users on various data entry and data analysis needs; works closely on improving efficiencies around data collection and entry.
- Access data from a variety of sources including hospital and departmental information systems, and implement and develop mechanisms for auditing, validating, and integrating the data.
- Create a management system/infrastructure of key datasets for use of monitoring and reporting; identify key performance indicators (KPIs) and other measures of success to demonstrate value and alignment of institutional goals.
- Support each teams' creation, maintenance and/or utilization of databases to provide information and analysis that can be used in evaluation, planning, decision-making, and publications (reporting/research).
- Construct dashboards and coordinate implementation and maintenance; gather user input, design, develop and iteratively refine new and existing dashboards (i.e. Tableau or similar platforms).
- Develop infographics for Equity & Inclusion programs for internal and external use.
- Produce timely and accurate regular and ad hoc reports.
- Assure accuracy and integrity of data and analysis.
- Support projects and program operational needs through creation of collection/tracking tools.
Other duties as needed
- Optimize and provide data management and analytical support to CDI including:
- Develop, disseminate, and analyze evaluation and assessment surveys for key CDI programs and initiatives, e.g., to trainees, clinicians, and researchers.
- Utilize PeopleSoft and Salesforce portals to manipulate data in guiding operations, evaluating programming, understanding the state of equity/inclusion within the hospital and areas for improvement.
- Assist CDI team and collaborators with publication of data and evaluation results.
- Attend/conduct meetings and other discussions relevant to current or upcoming data projects as needed.
- Support E&CH implementation plan activities including collecting data and tracking progress of MGH's Inclusion Campaign, Recruitment and Retention Fund, and other initiatives as needed.
- Provide ad hoc support to E&CH centers.
- Serve as a resource to the department to support data inquiries and needs.
- Keep up-to-date related to new techniques in data management.
- Provide training/instruction on methods of data collection and accuracy.
$44,990 - $112,387/yrQualifications SKILLS/ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Strong candidates for this position will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Strong statistical, analytical, and technical skills with extensive knowledge of database management including quality assurance of data and reporting criteria.
- Strong computer skills including Access, Excel, SQL, SAS, R or other statistical language.
- Experience with Salesforce and Peoplesoft software
- Relational database experience (RedCap/ETO and/or SQL server) a plus
- Excellent presentation skills and a strong interest/understanding of data visualization techniques using tools like Tableau a strong plus.
- Effective organizational skills combined with flexibility, attention to detail, and multi-tasking.
- Strong relationship-building skills, with experience communicating to various audiences, while demonstrating cross-cultural humility.
- Practical problem-solving abilities, (i.e. the ability to formulate hypotheses, test options and move forward in a fast paced environment).
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team environment is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- B.A./B.S. required in public health, healthcare, social science with a focus in statistics or evaluation methods, or a similar concentration.
- Master's degree preferred with a minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a healthcare setting or academic medical center setting.
- Minimum of 1-2 years related experience in data administration required; experience with SQL or other statistical language and data visualization software are preferred.
- Program evaluation experience a plus.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.