Dynalectric Washington DC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Dynalectric is a $350 million + firm and is ranked as one of the area's largest electrical contractors. The Dulles office of Dynalectric Company, which services Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia, was opened in 1965. Since then we have completed thousands of diverse projects in the Metropolitan Area with contracts on the largest projects exceeding $100 million. The Dulles office currently employs 115 office personnel and 1000 + field employees.
Job Title: Chief Estimator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include but not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receive assignments to perform from Pre-Construction Manager on a daily basis.
- Develops all budgets and bids with accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews overall preconstruction schedule, contract agreement obligations, monitor deliverables and maintains product workflow.
- The generation and tracking of bid and budget estimates from the Pre-concept design stage to the construction document stage.
- Solicit, review and present Bid and Budget opportunities from Owners, Developers, and General Contractors to the Pre-Construction Manager for consideration to pursue.
- Work closely with Operations Manager and Operations Department Managers in the development of new sales. This will include support for 01-Construction, 03-Residential and 04- SPS Departments.
- Capable of accurately taking off multiple electrical systems and entering items into estimating program (Accubid) systems to include but not limited to the following: (lighting, lighting control, dimming, devices, fire alarm, nurse call, A/V, modular wiring, grounding, motor and equipment connections, generators, power distribution equipment, feeders, UPS, etc.
- Must be familiar with industry Manufacturers/Vendors/Reps and be able to communicate sufficient information (specifications, quantities, sketches) to the vendor to ensure the receipt of accurate and competitive pricing. Maintains the communication throughout the bid preparation process and forwards any addendums to the vendor.
- Visit customers and encourage direct business development and sales activities
- Provides functional and administrative oversight of all estimating activities including, estimating, planning, preliminary project cost and schedule, coordination of estimating activities, equipment, and material take-off, vendor, and subcontractor quotations, to final preparation of cost estimate and scope of work.
- Submit budget and bids after review and adjustments as necessary with lead estimators, and the operations department.
- Present value engineering and cost savings opportunities to clients as required to meet budget constraints
- Set schedule and work load priorities with staff and organize estimating schedule.
- Managing multiple projects and deadlines with ability to prioritize and complete tasks.
- Assist with estimating as needed, coordinate take-off and workloads with other Estimator(s). Develop scope letters for each bid and budget.
- Assign work load to distribute drawing specifications, bulletins and all pertinent information to estimating staff so they can update, and complete their assigned task(s).
- Must be able to recognize/identify potential discrepancies and errors in documents and develop RFI questions for timely response. Collaborate with Pre-Con Manager and operatives for proper response and resolution.
- Review bids from sub-contractors, review scopes of work and analyze costs, as bids are received.
- Assemble, organize, and maintain all final estimate and budget paper files, and electronic files, including drawings and specifications.
- Review schedule and constructability issues.
- Work with Pre-Construction Manager to implement estimating policy, procedures and systems consistent with the company mission and competitive practices.
- Train and ensure that guidelines, policies and procedures are established and implemented for various types of estimates.
- Ensure that the estimating systems and data bases are maintained in a manner that aligns with the established guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Analyzes and review proposals to ensure profitability.
- Remain objective when faced with predetermined client number/expectations.
- Participate in contract and change order negotiations.
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of the estimating process associated with joint ventures, consortiums, teaming arrangements, etc.
- Attend monthly department meetings.
- Encourage department personnel's participation in educational programs.
- Conduct project turnover (i.e. estimating to operations) meetings
Ability to supervise Sr. Estimators, Estimators and other staff members. QUALIFICATIONS:
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Leadership ability and experience and collaborative leadership style.
- Experience organizing and managing complex and diverse estimating projects.
- Previous experience providing estimating and design management through all phases of pre-construction evaluation of construction alternatives, conceptual estimating and value engineering
- Previous experience managing projects with a between $1 million to $100 million.
- Previous experience providing pre-construction estimating analysis of costs for at-risk construction projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Aligns assignments to achieve customer and company objectives
- Participates with leadership in the development of strategic and tactical plans.
- Innovative and creative approach to addressing business challenges and issues.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively organize and manage multiple estimates and projects.
- Must demonstrate commitment to company values.
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Must be a team player
A degree in engineering, construction management, or minimum of 10 years demonstrated equivalent and related experience. COMPUTER SKILLS:
Working knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Power Point, Word, and Excel applications.Advanced use capabilities of ACCUBID and/or related Estimating software systems.Working knowledge of Viewpoint or similar accounting software or related accounting system.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled
This job has expired.