Prepare portions of contract proposal estimates, including the determination of applicable project plans and specifications under minimum supervision when estimating items in own discipline.
- Division Manager, Area General Manager
- Sales & Administrative Staff
Specific Role Responsibilities:
- Existing & potential customer base
- Industry Associations
- Meet with client management, staff and supervisory personnel to explain character, policies, skills, resources, and capabilities of the company.
- Obtain new work for assigned area of responsibility by establishing and maintaining effective contact with potential buyers of construction services
- Notify management of bid opportunities and approximate timing for company proposal and bid opportunity & submittals
- Develop and identify prospects from current clients, referral leads, and other sources. May lead/participate in presentations to new clients. Establish and maintain effective contact with clients
- Must understand the sales process and be able to close sales in coordination with sales and management personnel
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Determine client needs and evaluate company resources and capabilities in light of those needs
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc
- Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man-hour figures
- Support other department personnel as required may include preparing estimates in other disciplines
- May review options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials
- Prepare complete estimate for selected project with detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, takeoff information, contracting, and the like
- Provide input and feedback on issues relevant to customers, work in progress, marketing initiative and sales assistance, follow up on Job sites and perform Job site Analysis (JSO)
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned - may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits; procuring material, etc
- May assist in the development and implementation of the Strategic Business Plan, department sales objectives, and individual sales plans
- Plan and attend industry trade and convention shows when requested
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods); craft agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations; engineering, estimating, schedules and safety required.
- Minimum 5 years of construction experience
- 4 year engineering degree or equivalent combinations technical training and/or experience
- 2-5 years estimating, controls and/or engineering experience related to similar construction disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of assigned discipline, estimating techniques and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems essential
- Ability to conceptualize the project schedule from project start through completion, including sequence/phasing of work
- Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills essential
- Computer/Office Machines - Microsoft Work, Excel, Outlook
- English - proficient in business writing and verbal communication
- Valid driver's license and acceptable motor vehicle record required when duties require use of motor vehicle
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random screening for illegal substances
Penhall Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Penhall Company encourages qualified females, minorities, veterans, disabled persons to apply.