The Essential Infrastructure Manager is a part of the Data Center Operations Team. The Essential Infrastructure Manager shall provide leadership and management for day-to-day operations of a large scale Data Center mechanical plant, while ensuring the highest levels of reliability and availability are maintained.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or a two-year Technical Degree
- 5 years of facility management or facility engineering in a high reliability Data Center environment
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite applications, preferably Microsoft Project, Visio or AutoCad
- Advanced written communication and technical writing skills
- Complex problem solving using analysis, technical and organizational expertise in order to develop creative innovative solutions
- Must be able to create consensus around new ideas and initiatives
- Identify industry trends and articulate implications that will have an impact on the Data Center operation
- Actively solicits feedback to ensure all activities and deliverables meet expectations
- Identifies opportunities to increase efficiency
- Extended hours may be significant at times
- Strong written and verbal command of the English language
- Responsible attitude with strong work ethic; leading by example in attendance, attitude and technical work product
- Ability and willingness to respond to emails after hours in the event of an emergency
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of large scale Data Centers, including mechanical and fire protection infrastructures
- Possess a thorough understanding of building automation systems that assist in the operation and control of the mechanical plant infrastructure
- Schedule, coordinate and participate in all significant planned and emergency maintenance for the facility
- Shall ensure all maintenance for the facility is executed in a controlled and proven a method that ensures uninterrupted integrity of the critical loads supported by these systems
- Developing operating and maintenance strategies to ensure continuous availability of all critical systems
- Developing and updating preventative and predictive maintenance programs for essential equipment
- Coordinating and inspecting services performed by outsourced vendors
- Managing costs and budgets associated with the Essential Infrastructure Department and associated operations
- Maintaining an environment where diligence to policies and proven policies processes are quintessential
- Ensuring best practices and standards are adopted and enforced
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities for innovation
- Establishing and cultivating relationships with key contacts internally and externally
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.Why Digital Realty
Make an impact -- You'll enjoy the satisfaction that comes with knowing your efforts positively impact company growth and your professional career.
The "best of both worlds" -- you'll find that working for our company may be a little bit different. We are small enough, with only 800 employees across our global portfolio, that your hard work will be visible throughout the organization, yet our extensive offering of services and solutions and proven track record of growth; stability and industry-leading innovation give you the resources and tools you need to take your career to the next level.
Unique culture -- we are a collaborative, people-focused company dedicated to quality and continuous improvement. When you become a member of our team, you receive our commitment to your continued development and support.
Strong foundation -- our financial strength and stability provide our customers with the assurance that Digital Realty will be their partner for current data center needs and those in the future, and our investment credit ratings provide us access to paths for more capital. We view each of our customers as a long-term partner.
Green standard for sustainability -- we are committed to improving the performance and energy efficiency of our data centers through the creation, adoption and promotion of industry-leading best data center practices and experience. We are pioneers in thinking about green data centers and are also a Contributing Member of The Green Grid.
At Digital Realty the success of your business is our business.About Digital Realty
Since the Company's initial public offering in November 2004, Digital Realty has been a fast-growing leader in the design, development and operation of data centers worldwide. We focus on delivering customer driven data center solutions by providing secure, reliable and cost effective facilities that meet each customer's unique data center needs. Our customers include domestic and international companies across multiple industry verticals ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, health care and consumer products. Digital Realty's 130 properties comprise approximately 23.8 million square feet as of September 30, 2013. Digital Realty's portfolio is located in 33 markets across ten countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Our global presence is supported by local experts in the markets we serve. And we stand out in the marketplace by offering innovative solutions driven by customers who see data centers not just as a technical investment, but also as a strategic platform for success.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.