Schedule: Emergency Department. 40 hours- full time evenings, 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm . Every other Weekend and holiday rotations.
Under the supervision of the Nursing Director and as a member of the Unit Based Patient Care Team, the unit secretary performs a wide range of secretarial duties and coordinates unit/floor procedure to ensure professional and efficient operation of the department in providing quality patient care.
Performs the following duties to support unit operations and coordination of resources including but not limited to:
- Answering unit phones
- Collaborating with health care team members and other departments
- Scheduling patient tests and appointments
- Maintaining all medical records
- Initiating and tracking unit requests
- Coordinating discharges, transfers, and admissions proactively to assure efficient operation and management of resources on the unit.
- Greets patients arriving at the Emergency Department. Provides directions and assistance to patients and visitors.
- Assures the practice of the Patient and Family Centered Care Model in an environment that exemplifies best practice.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide indirect patient family centered care appropriate to the age of the patients served on assigned unit.
125About Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital offers comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, a recognition that fewer than nine percent of all US hospitals receive.
At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, we believe that everyone should have the chance to live a healthy life. From creating breakthroughs that have paved the way for treatments around the globe to training the next generation of providers, our patients, and those we may never meet, are at the center of everything we do. If you're looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associate's Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in medical, customer service setting preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office strongly preferred.
- Staff adheres to all I C.A.R.E. Standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with patients, visitors, and hospital personnel.
- The ability to work under stressful conditions, adapting to the changing pace on the unit, frequent interruptions, emergencies, and acutely ill patients.
- Ability to assist lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Abiility to assist with transportation of patients on and off the pod
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with staff through voice mail, e-mail, etc.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for an extended period of time.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospitalis an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.