Mueller Company (Mueller Co.), the nation's leading manufacturer of flow control devices for the water and gas distribution industries, has an opening in our Kimball, TN plant for a 1st Shift Equipment Maintenance.
This position is primarily responsible for supporting manufacturing by maintaining and servicing equipment, and mechanical elements of component production. Works with various manuals and automated tools for general mold maintenance change-out and troubleshooting. Assures skilled and timely support to manufacturing customers. Works with quality, materials, and other support departments to meet all targeted goals.
- Read blueprints, diagrams, manuals, plans, materials, specifications, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T) as necessary.
- Inspects, identify, and repair machinery and equipment to working conditions, including production setup. Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces.
- Adhere to specifications through operations; measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; replacing worn tools, and adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Display safe operations and 5s standards in work areas by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Preserve equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs in major and minor repairs.
- Keep up-to-date information and knowledge of equipment and tooling installed, and set-up for manufacturing operation.
- Troubleshoot repairs and perform preventative maintenance utilizing hydraulic and other mechanical technology and efficient techniques available to support lean environment.
- Transport material and components with the use of a hand transport or forklift if needed.
Required Skills Required:
- Must be able to operate with minimal supervision, as required, and utilize strong troubleshooting skills.
Required Experience Education & Experience:
- General math skills, the ability to understand measuring/measurement concepts/applications, and familiarity with basic tools used in measuring and inspection.
- Ability to read and use micrometer and calipers.
- Standing for long periods of time and lifting up to 50lbs.
- Experience in an industrial and/or manufacturing type safety focused environment.
- Read, follow, and understand work orders and instructions, processes, and procedures related to equipment.
- Prepare and assemble materials and parts in a manufacturing production environment.
- Move, process, and organize materials and manufactured products.
- Perform quality control checks and verification of specifications.
- Properly fill out basic forms, reports, and label products correctly.
- Communicates and works effectively with others.
- May provide hands on and verbal job function training to coworkers as needed.
- Report problems with quality, processes, equipment and materials to Supervisor.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience with injection molding manufacturing type environment is a plus.
- Completion of a technical training/apprentice program and minimum two (2) years Industrial Maintenance experience OR 7+ years working in industrial maintenance in a similar environment
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sexual orientation, race, color, age, disability, religion, national origin, citizenship status and creed.
This job has expired.