At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
Sign on Bonus $500.00
• EVS workers maintain the cleanliness of patient rooms, common areas, bathrooms, offices, hallways, and other assigned areas. They work closely with departmental leaders and teammates to ensure high standards of cleanliness and safety are achieved in every area. EVS workers demonstrate best practice cleaning practices with knowledge and understanding Infection Control requirements for individual, staff members and patient care safety.
EVS Workers consistently demonstrate a positive attitude and the willingness to provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers. They demonstrate respect and maintain confidentiality in all their interactions. As with all healthcare workers, EVS workers are required to wear PPE and their work environment may include precaution rooms for patients with highly communicable illnesses.
1. Departmental functions as per policy and protocol
a. Proficient in all aspects of healthcare cleaning, using strict Infection Control cleanliness and PPE practices. This includes but is not limited to: daily patient room cleaning, common area cleaning, discharge cleaning, precaution cleaning (including but not limited to; Enhanced, Contact, Droplet, Airborne Precautions) and special tasks, included but not limited to; incubator and whirlpool cleaning requirements, as outlined in department protocols and policies.
b. Adheres to the strict Infection Control Guidelines and Standards as it pertains to hospital defined sterile areas (ex; the Operating room). Using appropriate scrub attire, cleans and disinfects sterile areas under the direction of an EVS 2; including tables, equipment, work tables, rolling equipment, walls and ceiling and emptying all waste in room.
c. Proficient in general cleaning, linen room duties, waste and soiled linen removal and project functions as per department protocols.
d. Demonstrates competence in the handling of regulated medical waste, hazardous waste, chemotherapy waste, soiled linen and general waste and adheres to the standards on an ongoing basis.
e. Functions as a member of the EVS Spill team and/or the Radiation Response Decontamination Team and adheres to standards on a going basis.
f. Anticipates hospital linen needs, distributes Clean Linen and maintains tracking and record keeping through departmental systems in a timely manner.
g. Maintains EVS closets, cart, supplies and equipment in a neat, clean and organized manner, as per department protocols.
h. Reports unsafe, damaged or broken equipment or surrounding to Plant Operations.
i. Reports to IS when staff computers/printers not working or unable to access needed applications.
2. Provides exemplary customer service to internal and external customers
. Demonstrates ability to work in a fast paced medical and invasive environment, delivering clinical and patient demands within the boundaries of your role.
a. Enters occupied patient rooms in a pleasant and professional manner, adhering to department customer service and cleaning protocols.
b. Maintain a high patient service scores through Press Ganey and HCAHPS.
3. Actively participates in process improvement and quality care initiatives
. Adhere to new process improvements within the hospital and department and provide feedback.
a. Demonstrates a 'we can' attitude in facing departmental tasks and challenges.
b. Identifies ways to be more efficient in daily tasks while meeting infection control, patient care requirements and clinical requirements.
c. Consistently completes assignment on time and with required documentation (checklist). When unable to, effectively communicates with the Shift Lead.
Experience Minimum Required
• One year in a Healthcare Housekeeping position
Education Minimum Required
• Must be able to read, write, understand and comprehend English.
• High school diploma or equivalent or 1 year housekeeping related experience.
Special Skills Minimum Required
• Proficient in basic computer knowledge, able to effectively access all programs needed for the job
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
• The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago