Location:Johns Hopkins Intrastaff, Washington, DC 20001
Category:Support Services (Services/Trades)
Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it's one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
Sibley Memorial Hospital
5255 Loughboro Road N.W
Washington, DC 20016
SHIFT: 2:30PM - 11:00pm with ROTATING weekends
QualificationsSix (6) months of continuous employment is required.
- Greeting of patient and/or family when first entering room. Engaging with customers in a manner that establishes confidence with clear and professional language.
- Dust and damp mops rooms, hall, laboratories, lavatories, stairways, baseboards, utility rooms, bathrooms, pantries, and corridors in assigned areas. Before leaving area ask the question “is there anything else I can do for you?” If there is complete patient/customer request.
- Gathers debris, both combustible and noncombustible, transports and places material in the compactors, where it is picked up by the Waste Disposal Contractor. When applicable scrubs, finishes and polishes all floor surfaces in assigned areas.
- Gathers biological materials from operating rooms, pathology areas, and labs, and then transports them to the soiled holding area for incineration.
- Disposes of refuse, cleans and re-lines receptacles in the soiled holding rooms.
- Cleans stairways, stairwells and interior portions of building entrances.
- Removes gum and other foreign substances form surfaces and fixtures.
- Removes dirt and blemishes from floor using techniques and chemistry specified by the composition of the floor.
- Applies stripper, sealer, and finishes the floor using either manual or automatic tools or procedures.
- Shampoos and spot cleans carpeted floor surfaces using applicable materials and procedures.
- Keeps entrances free of paper, trash, and other debris.
- Periodically sweeps sidewalks and other paved areas as scheduled.
- Dries all water from areas resulting from mopping or scrubbing operations.
- Performs routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis, accepting supervision from a number of persons.
- Responsible for the proper use, care, maintenance, and storage of environmental service equipment, tools and materials used during the execution of his/her tasks.
- Keeps utility rooms in good order.
- Cleans walls and surfaces as the need arises.
- Conforms to all life safety regulations.
- Reports to Director of Environmental Services or his/her designee all defective or damaged fixtures and properties.
- Ensures safe operation, prescribed care of machinery (maintaining equipment in good operable condition) and judicious use of all detergents, strippers, finishes, and other janitorial supplies.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Apply To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/environmental-service-associate-ii-support-services-services-trades-us-dc-washington-johns-ho-2944-c6120/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.