Global Propulsion Systems - Rotational Program
We have a culture of continuous improvement where we strive for operational excellence. As a Manufacturing Process Engineer you would be responsible for working with other team members on problem solving and continuous improvement initiatives on daily basis. You will influence manufacturing process development and definitions, define efficient material flow, and make new proposals for equipment in production areas. Your work will directly add to the bottom line!
Technical Rotation and Career Knowledge (TRACK) Program for Global Propulsion Systems - Manufacturing Engineering (GPSME) is a developmental program for recent college graduates. The GPSME version of TRACK is designed to provide these incoming employees with relevant manufacturing engineering & manufacturing plant environment experiences in various areas of the business. This will develop a good foundation of knowledge from which to grow into a more effective employee in a shorter timeframe and for launchingyourcareer.
Typical assignments in GPSME would entail some combination of the following opportunities:
- "PROCESS ENGINEER"
- "EXECUTION ENGINEER"
- Assignment within other GPSME Engineering areas (e.g.Product Interface & TechnicalProcesses; Operational Excellence,Process Physics, etc.)and potentially "CAN" include one of:
Travel requirements - up to 25%-50%
- Focus Factory Engineering roleina manufacturing plant(EE, ME, or IE)
- Group Leader(Supervisory)rolein a manufacturing plant(Maintenance; Operations (Machining or Assembly);Quality; Global Supply Chain)
- Another ManufacturingEngineeringcenter; for a specific exposure relevant to the individual's development
- AssignedCross-functionally to another department withinGM
- Assigned to other specific developmental opportunities that may arise or be requested by the TRACK Employee,or by Leadership to address Business needs.
Job locations can be at Manufacturing Engineering headquarters in Warren, Michigan or in various plant locations throughout the U.S.
Worklocations may include:
Additional Job DescriptionQualifications:
- Warren, MI
- Pontiac, MI
- Saginaw, MI
- Defiance, OH
- Bedford, IN
- Romulus, MI
- Tonawanda, NY
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Flint, MI
- Spring Hill, TN
- Lockport, NY
- Rochester, NY
- Brownstown, MI
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Materials Science Engineering, Computer Engineering,Manufacturing Engineering,orChemical Engineering
- Able to work fulltime, 40 hours perweek
- Graduating between Spring 2021 and Spring 2022
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- Emerging partnership and teamwork skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environmentHigh level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, take initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking that is customer-centric
- High degree of adaptability to changing situations and circumstances
This role offers the following Work Appropriately
Onsite: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Relocation assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements.About GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.