From live bands to night time spectaculars, Carowinds is the premier entertainment destination in the Southeast. During the summer, we entertain guests with live bands, hugs from their favorite characters, and amazing acrobatics. In the fall, we put the “wee” in Halloween during the Great Pumpkin Fest for younger guests and scare the yell out of Guests during our nighttime event, SCarowinds. And since 2017, families from across the Carolinas have made new memories during Winterfest with 10 shows, over 20 unique street performers, and of course, the man in red himself.
Our associates are enthusiastic about their work because they create fun and memories to last lifetime! They also enjoy:
- Casual work attire (uniform provided)
- FREE admission to Carowinds and other Cedar Fair parks
- Discounts on food and retail items
- A fun and engaging work environment, perfect for making friends
- Flexible work schedule
Positions are currently available for those who are 18 or older. How You'll Make A Difference:
Carowinds is looking for carpenters with theatrical knowledge, scenic designers, and painters to create and build sets and stages for park shows and events.
- Installs and operates show production technical equipment, including sets, lights, sounds, video elements, costumes and/or makeup.
- Construct and install new show product in manner consistent with the artistic vision of park management, show producers and designers.
- Assists with load in and load out of shows, events, SCarowinds Halloween Haunt and other park activities and productions.
- Secure and secures rentals, guest artists, production crews, and other outside labor / materials as assigned.
- Prepares facilities for daily activities, ie. Rehearsals, clean ups, maintenance calls, shows, special events, etc.
- Ensures smooth operation of all events and shows.
- Works with team to set up lights, staging, sets, sound, video and special effects, even if not in area of expertise.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Click here for more information. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're Looking For:
- Must have worked on several previous productions in a fully equipped theater, or similar experience.
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
Our associates are crucial to providing guests with a variety of engaging activities that reflect and uphold our five core values of Courtesy, Service, Cleanliness, Safety, and Integrity and promote inclusion among all associates.
This job has expired.