ABOUT THIS POSITION
Waystar is looking for an ambitious Engineering procurement Lead to drive our IT budgeting process, software contract and licensing renewals, and IT purchasing processes. The leader filling this role will have responsibility to lead the IT organization in the creation of and adherence to our annual budget ; facilitate timely and cost-effective renewals of our IT contracts and subscriptions; partner with Finance to regularly update our IT financial forecasts; engage with accounting to ensure proper coding of IT purchases; and drive process improvements related to the execution of and accounting for IT purchases.
You may be a great fit for this role if one or more of these apply to you:
• You're an IT leader with a deep interest in accounting and finance
• You have experience negotiating large IT vendor contracts, such as Microsoft, VMWare, or AWS, or Snowflake
• You're a Finance or Accounting professional with experience supporting IT organizations, processes, and projects
• You're a project or program manager with experience managing finances for large IT initiatives
• You're a procurement professional with experience serving IT organizations
• You love process improvement initiatives, have a fanatical attention to detail, love numbers, and Excel is your love language
WHAT YOU'LL DO
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Drive the annual IT budget process across the entire Technology organization, including accurate projections of capital and operating expenses across multiple teams and initiatives.
- Create and lead the operating mechanisms to ensure the Technology organization hits our financial targets. This includes leading our monthly financial review process and developing new processes and methods for improving our forecasting accuracy.
- Ensure the timely and cost-effective renewal of our software and hardware support contracts and subscriptions. This involves maintaining our renewals budget and timeline, executing some renewals independently, and coordinating stakeholder involvement in more complex or expensive renewals.
- Ensure IT department compliance with company Legal policies. This includes ensuring we have appropriate review and approval of newly signed contracts, as well as advising technology leaders on contract requirements and approval processes.
- Manage our IT Procurement process. In the short term, this involves creation of POs, and answering questions from accounting regarding accounts payable. Long-term, these processes need to be redesigned to scale efficiently with our business.
- 5+ years' experience in a related discipline
This role is located in SLC, Louisville, Mid-town Atlanta or Duluth.ABOUT THE TEAM
- IT Lead or IT Finance / Accounting experience preferred
- Excellent Excel and / or PowerBI skills
The Engineering + Product Developmentteam at Waystar leads the product and software development, digital transformation, and data security efforts across the company. As a leader in healthcare technology, the department creates and manages cutting-edge, cloud-based solutions to help solve the industry's financial and administrative challenges - enabling them to better focus on their patients and communities. The department offers a variety of positions. Roles include application engineers (.Net, PHP, Java), data science and analytics developers, product managers, project managers, architecture engineers, cloud and DevOps engineers, database administration, UX/UI, security, compliance, and management level roles. We make possible in Healthcare IT what was previously viewed as technically impossible.ABOUT WAYSTAR
Through a smart platform and better experience, Waystar helps providers simplify healthcare payments and yield powerful results throughout the complete revenue cycle.
Waystar's healthcare payments platform combines innovative, cloud-based technology, robust data, and unparalleled client support to streamline workflows and improve financials so providers can focus on what matters most: their patients and communities. Waystar is trusted by 1M+ providers, 1K+ hospitals and health systems, and is connected to over 5K commercial and Medicaid/Medicare payers. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; kindness; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful,
Waystar products have won multiple Best in KLAS® or Category Leader awards since 2010 and earned multiple #1 rankings from Black Book™ surveys since 2012. The Waystar platform supports more than 500,000 providers, 1,000 health systems and hospitals, and 5,000 payers and health plans. For more information, visit waystar.com or follow @Waystar on Twitter.WAYSTAR PERKS
- Competitive total rewards (base salary + bonus, if applicable)
- Customizable benefits package (3 medical plans with Health Saving Account company match)
- Generous paid time off starting at 3 weeks + 16 holidays, including your birthday and volunteer time
- Paid parental leave (including maternity + paternity leave)
- Education assistance opportunities and free LinkedIn Learning access
- Free mental health and family planning programs, including adoption assistance and fertility support
- 401(K) program with company match
- Pet insurance
- Employee resource groups
Waystar is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate, value, and support diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This job has expired.