Local Unit & Position Description
DNV - Energy Systems Energy Management group is seeking an Energy Engineer to join our DTE Energy team. The ideal candidate for this position will be an experienced engineer in energy efficiency programs. This position will be based out of our DNV office in Detroit, Michigan, offering a hybrid schedule of an average three (3) days in the office and two (2) days working remotely. Detroit Metropolitan area residents are strongly encouraged to apply.
Tasks May Include:
Position QualificationsWhat is Required
- Review and verify technical merits of business customer energy efficiency applications, including calculation of energy savings and verification of equipment specifications
- Customer site inspections to verify the installation of energy efficient equipment at Utility commercial and industrial businesses
- Interact with customers to address questions or concerns about the installed equipment or program information
- Conduct facility walk-throughs to identify energy efficiency opportunities and generate corresponding energy report
- Conduct program presentations to inform customers of energy service offering
- Project management support
- Database management support
- Weekly, Monthly and annual reporting
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Three years of energy industry experience.
- Professional experience conducting energy audits/performing energy efficiency calculations
- Intermediate level in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access is required
- An understanding of key application specific analytical tools including but not limited to data filtering, sorting and pivot tables
- Technical writing experience
- Must be able to effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time (in Michigan traveling)
- Must be able to meet the requirements to drive for company business
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds and climb up/down a ladder
- Must be able to prioritize and work both independently and as part of a team
- A positive, collaborative and team-oriented attitude
- The ability to work well under pressure in time-critical situations and be productive and self-motivated
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written), customer service/phone, organization and grammar skills are essential
- Ability and willingness to pass a background check and drug screen
(Not Required): (what qualifications would be helpful, but not necessarily required)
- An educational emphasis on energy efficiency
- Certified Energy Manager
- Knowledge of ASHRAE 90.1
- Curiosity, flexibility, and adaptability - as issues and tasks may change quickly
*Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position*How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department (email@example.com). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
For more information about your rights under the law, see:
Read more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNVWhat We Offer
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays, personal days)
- Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision benefits
- Spending accounts - FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, company-seeded HSA
- Special programs - Employee Assistance Program, ID theft protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and your family
- Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- 401(k) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Consumer discounts and rewards
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
**Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee elections**Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
This job has expired.