Title:End User Support Technician
Position Type:Full time
Supervisor: Director of Information Systems
Last Updated: June 2022
Job Purpose:Overseeing and supporting end-user services for all faculty/student needs
Location: Remote, various locations throughout California
In this role, the successful candidate would be responsible for overseeing and supporting end-user services for all faculty/student computers, printing, hotspot, productivity software, and collaboration technologies. GSuite, Okta, Zoom, macOS, Windows OS, and Chromebooks are key technologies in our environment in addition to student-facing technologies where Level 1 / 2 support will be required. Responsibilities include troubleshooting, training, and if required, vendor escalation as well as providing written documentation of new features and functionality. Excellent problem solving and analytical skills are required to isolate problems, recommend solutions and implement solutions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
The duties below are representative of the role and are not intended to cover all of the duties performed within the scope of work:
- Supply first-level and second-level IT support for end-user software, including Windows & macOS, ChromeOS (Chromebooks), Google Workspace/Apps, mobile devices, and various software applications.
- Respond and follow-up on all IT support tickets submitted via phone, email and in person
- Support local and remote users accessing the network
- Recommend and maintain help desk service level agreements
- Identify and document hardware/software recommendations and best practices
- Provide onboarding and offboarding of employees by preparing equipment, creating accounts, provisioning resources and tracking assets
- Prepare and lead technical instruction for incoming and existing staff
- Recognize recurring technical issues and propose and implement appropriate solutions
- Take a proactive approach to environment by identifying areas for improvement before issues arrive
- Maintain asset inventory, take ownership of tracking IT assets college-wide
- Recommend and maintain secure configurations of computing hardware and management frameworks
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours emergency support as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned that support the objective of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The ideal candidate should be a self-starter with the ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, staff and faculty.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an information technology technical support role
- Experience with end-user support using a wide range of technology
- Strong written/verbal communications skills, and possess the ability to interface with end-users effective
- Experience with managing Enterprise SaaS solutions (preferred)
- Google Apps Certified Administrator (preferred)
- Ability to create shell scripts and leverage APIs (preferred)
Working Conditions and Travel
- Calbright College is a statewide online college where all instruction and support are done via various online technologies both in-person and remotely. Calbright College has administrative offices in Sacramento available for use. When working remotely, employees should be able and willing to use digital communication tools as used by the college, and have the ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requirements may preclude the employee from retaining employment.
- The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Calbright College policies, procedures, and Title IX.
- Calbright College celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing Calbright College's strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
- Requires the ability to function in a remote online instructional environment performing work of primarily a sedentary nature. Requires the ability to use hearing and speech to make presentations to groups and carry on conversations over the phone and in-person. Requires speaking skills to communicate with staff and students in one-on-one and small group settings, on the phone, and to distinguish sound prompts from various types of equipment. Requires near visual acuity to read printed materials and computer screens. Requires sufficient hand/arm/finger dexterity to retrieve work materials, operate a personal computer keyboard, and operate standard office equipment. Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Work is performed indoors where minimal safety considerations exist.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Calbright College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Calbright College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Who We Are
Calbright College is one of California's newest community colleges - the first statewide, online campus designed to bridge the gap between employers with unfilled positions and students who don't have either the time or money to attend a traditional school. Our mission is to increase economic mobility and close equity gaps for working adults who lack easy access to traditional forms of higher education by offering online, flexible, affordable skills-based programs that provide tangible economic value for both working adults and hiring managers.
This job has expired.