Employee Relations Specialist
Main Office (MOS)
Our growing team is looking for a Human Resources professional with an employee relations background who has a passion for working with people, providing exceptional customer service, and who has a proven track record of success in an HR position. Are you up for the challenge?
Team Relations Specialists are responsible for promoting team member welfare, including resolving employee relations issues and managing day-to-day HR functions. They're actively involved in supporting Sun's team members and leaders with issues or questions regarding general employment, employee relations, compensation, and benefits. TRSs ultimately work to support a team member-oriented, high performance culture that recognizes positive team member contributions and emphasizes quality, productivity, goal attainment, compliance with policies and procedures, and the ongoing development of a high quality team.
- Support the culture of Sun and promote a safe, positive, and productive work environment.
- Provide support in handling and assisting management and team members with team relations issues; escalate more difficult or sensitive issues as needed.
- Advise and educate management on HR policies, procedures, and legal updates.
- Document important conversations and team member performance trends in team relations tracking database.
- Coach and train supervisors on leadership skills such as supervision, conflict resolution and communication; partners with learning & development team to recommend training as needed.
- Provide counseling, review and conduct all disciplinary actions, including terminations.
- Investigate charges of alleged discrimination or harassment, facilitating the process to an appropriate resolution.
- Administer exit interviews; assess findings and identify trends.
- Conduct biweekly timekeeping audits; document findings and provide feedback or counseling to team members based on audit results.
- Answer basic compensation and benefits questions.
- Attend department, region, and other company meetings to provide HR-related updates and stay abreast of changes in the business.
- Gather information from management to accurately post internal and external job postings in the ATS.
- Prepare and maintain various reports as needed.
- Submit recommendations to management to improve quality of work life.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on employee relations experience
- Minimum of 3 years Human Resources experience
- PHR/SPHR designation, preferred
- Previous experience with coaching for performance and employee relations investigations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Thorough understanding of HR-related functions including recruiting, employee relations, training and development, benefits, and salary administration/payroll
- Experience providing guidance and interpretation of HR policies and procedures to team members and management
- Strong interpersonal, investigative, and mediation skills
- Thorough knowledge and application of EEO guidelines, federal, state, and local laws pertaining to fair housing and employment law
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Advanced computer proficiency including the ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite, email and internet
- Ability to respond to business needs after normal business hours
At Sun Communities, you will be part of an industry-leading organization where you will be challenged, inspired, rewarded and transformed. We place a high priority on our team members, and this is a big part of what sets us apart. We will ask you to give us your very best every day, and will challenge you with interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work environment and plenty of learning and growth. In exchange, we will reward you with great pay, advancement opportunities, paid time off, great benefits, and flexibility.
- Comprehensive Medical and Prescription coverage with 4plan optionsso you can choose the plan that best meets the needs of you and your family
- Comprehensive Dental and Vision Plans
- On-Site Fitness Center with Free Personal Training & Group Fitness Classes
- Voluntary Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- Life,Accidental Death &Dismemberment Insurance and Dependent Life
- Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Plan with Sun matching contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Legal Assistance Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement program providing financial support to team members who further their formal education
- Vacation RV Site Discounts for team members when visiting SunRV Resorts across the nation
- Team Member Perks & Discounts program with hundreds of discounts on things like travel, merchandise, mobile phone service, and more
- Up to six weeks of paid parental leave for the birth of achild, adoption, or placement of a child
- Free Virtual 1:1 Tutoring for the children of Sun Team Members
- Paid Time Off including ten holidays, vacation, personal, sick time, bereavement and pay for jury duty
Apply for aCorporate Headquarters (HQ)
position, located in the Metro Detroit, Michigan
Join our Talent Community
and explore Corporate Headquarters jobs
at Sun Communities.ACCESSIBILITY ASSISTANCE
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing an online application, please contact us at (844) SUN-4343. Alternatively, an email may be sent to email@example.com. "Applicant Accommodation" should be included in the subject line of the email.
Please note that this phone number and email address are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
This job has expired.