Schedule: The potential working hours for this position will be flexing between 5:00 PM - 8:30 AM with a schedule indicated below:
• Week One: 12 - 14 hours Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
• Potential 4 hours flexing one day each week
• This position will also be held to an on-call schedule 1-2 days per month and be required to work 4 holidays per year.
• Bachelor's degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 6 months or more of related customer service experience in a professional, financial or health care related environment.
• Strong attention to detail and proven ability to gather and analyze data and keep accurate records.
• Proficiency with computer software applications, i.e. Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) or comparable programs and an ability to quickly learn and apply new systems knowledge.
• Demonstrated ability to handle complex and ambiguous situations with minimal supervision.
• Self-motivated with initiative to seek out additional responsibilities, tasks and projects.
• Effective communication skills (written and verbal), active listening skills and the ability to maintain professionalism while handling difficult situations with callers or customers.
• Successful history collaborating in a fast-paced team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to follow policies and procedures while escalating issues as needed.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain or improve established productivity and quality requirements.
• Knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) laws.
• Knowledge of healthcare billing (healthcare revenue cycle); insurance, and/or federal and state assistance programs.
• Familiarity with medical terminology.
• Experience identifying opportunities for improvement and making recommendations and suggestions.
• Experience with multiple technology platforms such as GE, Cirius ACD, and/or Epic.
• Ability to drive results and foster accountability throughout the team and organization.
• Maintain current awareness of industry trends and continually strive for improvement with both technical and professional skills.
Application Process: In order to be considered, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter (under submission relevant materials) that clearly addresses how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications for this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on April 21, 2021.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check, and five professional references will be required.