EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of commercial space across the United States. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and education sectors.
Job Title: Electrician (SHC)
EMCOR Facilities Services has an immediate need for a Electrician at Stanford Healthcare offsite properties in the South Bay / Peninsula region, CA. The Electrician applies electrical theory, code and related knowledge to layout and installation of electrical systems. Understands control operation, including sequence of operation, troubleshooting, and reading electrical schematics and ladder diagrams. Must be well organized to keep accurate service and maintenance records and communicate effectively to determine needs. Works as a leader in the Electrical Division, has strong customer relationships and team building qualities. Follows all electrical safety standards and procedures, including training and coaching co-workers, but not limited to the following: Responsible for operation, replacement, repair and maintenance of building related mechanical, electrical, control systems, plumbing, air handling units, pumps, heat exchangers, expansion joints, and other building mechanical systems. Work involves the lifting of heavy mechanical equipment and apparatus, and may be performed in areas of extreme heat or cold. Receives and responds to service calls, takes immediate action to resolve emergency situations or system breakdowns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rough-in installation of electrical materials, including conduit, boxes, fittings, supports, MC and wiring
- Installation of service equipment and motor control systems
- Finish installation of devices, fixtures and cover plates
- Read blue prints and specifications to manage material purchases, equipment and manpower needs
- Install of voice, data and control wiring and devices
- Complete documentation, including but not limited to, timesheets, expense reports, service reports and purchase card logs
- Conduct general tasks including, but not limited to, safety training, group meetings and maintaining tools and vehicle
Licenses / Certifications:
- High School Diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent. Completion from an approved State Apprenticeship Program.
- 5+ years of experience in residential or commercial/industrial application and general knowledge on repairs and installation
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions including, but not limited to, safety policies and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in individual and small group situations.
- Basic mathematical abilities in all units of measure. Read blue prints and technical schematics as well as specification manuals.
- Must possess applicable certifications, licenses, and valid driver's license in good standing.
Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and work at heights on lifts and ladders. Frequently required to climb or balance. Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Work Environment:
Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.EMCOR Government Services requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. EMCOR Government Services is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNotice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
This job has expired.