Job Title: Electrical VDC/BIM Detailer
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Location: Dayton, Ohio
FLSA Status: Full-Time / Exempt
Quebe Holdings, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of publicly traded EMCOR Group Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical services. Quebe Holdings business units operate in a dynamic and specialty construction environment. We are committed to meeting the high service level expectations of our customers and do so with a knowledgeable, flexible, and engaged workforce. Everything we do is with this customer focus in mind, from safety management services, embracing the latest technology to employee education.
Quebe Holdings, Inc. has an opening for an Electrical VDC/BIM Detailer in Dayton, Ohio. The function of the VDC/BIM group is to model and coordinate projects in 3D and then produce Layout drawings, Prefabrication drawings, and QTO data to support maximum field productivity and efficiency for electrical projects. Intermediate level of proficiency using AutoCAD MEP and/or Revit MEP, Navisworks Simulate, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office Programs required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform the modeling and drawing tasks using VDC/BIM software as assigned by VDC Manager;
- Create finished drawings, prefabrication drawings and material QTO as assigned;
- Communicates issues and potential solutions to the VDC Manager;
- Escalates project issues to the VDC Manager of project problems and issues;
- Understand written instructions from designers and installation team to generate Electrical VDC/BIM models;
- Follows all safety, legal and environmental functions in accordance with NEC codes and building codes using industry standard best practices;
- Collaborate with internal and external cross-functional teams (i.e. VDC department, project management, estimators, clients, and field workers, etc.) and with the goal of achieving the best outcomes for all project stakeholders;
- Model and coordinate all electrical model elements as directed by the VDC Manager;
- Accurately enter all model system and parameter data;
- Responsible for following all VDC/BIM Department practices, standards and work flows;
- Review early designs for constructability analysis;
- Use special notations and symbols to give instructions on drawings and blueprints;
- Work with VDC/BIM team to create engineered drawings;
- Participate in weekly coordination meeting to provide status updates, issues, and documenting project updates;
- Travel to various project sites to resolve issues or develop a deeper understanding of the project and any issues at the point of installation;
- Assist Electrical VDC/BIM Detailers as needed;
- Mentor entry level VDC/BIM Detailers as assigned;
- Participate in continuing training to advance capabilities;
- Maintain confidentiality of Quebe Holdings work and intellectual property assets of the VDC/BIM Department;
- Other related duties as assigned by the VDC/BIM Manager
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Quebe Holdings requires all new hires employees who will be required to work onsite, whether regularly or sporadically, to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain/show proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Quebe Holdings is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.Position Requirements/Preferred Education and Experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with the following software: AutoCAD MEP and/or Revit MEP, Navisworks Simulate, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office Programs required;
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited College or University OR completion of Electrical Apprenticeship Program OR completion of Electrical Vocational Program OR degree in Computer Aided Drafting or related field preferred;
- Good understanding and working knowledge of the electrical industry; contract documentation and National Electrical Code and design;
- Ability to read and interpret construction and design documents without assistance;
- Experience in Electrical model systems in 3D for the purposes prefabrication and MEP Coordination;
- Must be able to work independently and with a team to meet project deadlines;
- Must be detailed oriented, able to effectively multi-task, and have excellent time management skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work at a computer (reading and keying) for extended periods of time, to talk and hear, to move within the office, to retrieve files and to meet with employees in their offices or conference room, communicating verbally and in writing, one on one, in small groups, presenting work.
The employee will be required to commute to field locations and project sites and be able to navigate around the job site locations as needed.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee should expect to sit for long periods in front of a computer and also travel to field locations as needed.
While visiting field locations, the employee may be required to work outdoors, be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical and electrical parts; high, precarious places; dust, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, extended exposure to sunlight; cold and heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
This job has expired.