Contra Costa Electric(CCE) is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Since 1946 the name Contra Costa Electric, Inc. has stood for value, quality, and service. Our success is a result of our commitment to these principles. Headquartered in Martinez, CA with branch offices in Bakersfield and Fresno, CA, we combine the global reach and strong financial resources of EMCOR, vast local project experience and collaborative labor relations with the skill and knowledge of our professional personnel to fill the wide range of electrical construction needs of California.
Electrical Utility Line Construction Estimator / Project Manager
CONTRA COSTA ELECTRIC, INC. has an immediate fulltime position available as an Electrical Utility Line Construction Estimator / Project Manager in our Martinez CA office location. This position reports directly to the Industrial / Utility Division Manager.
As a member of our project management team, you will oversee all aspects of assigned projects from conception through completion. You will manage these projects in a manner that exceeds our customers' expectations and ensures that our work meets all company performance goals and safety policy requirements.
Build a division focused on overhead line work consisting of distribution and medium scale transmission projects. Build a team capable of marketing, estimating and executing overhead line construction projects. Work with both private and public sector projects from EPC to Turnkey.
Description of Duties:
As a member of our project management team, you will oversee all aspects of assigned projects from conception through completion. You will manage these projects in a manner that exceeds our customers' expectations and ensures that our work meets all company performance goals and safety policy requirements, in addition to the following:
- Maintains positive working relationships with clients, contractors, consultants, vendors, and partners while overseeing work assignments and performance of personnel assigned to project.
- Identifies and acquires necessary project resources internally and externally.
- Plans, reviews, and updates weekly project activities to ensure project performance.
- Maintains project budget and scheduling activities.
- Oversees the quality, safety and performance of subcontractors.
- Oversees billings and collections processes.
- Assists and resolves issues in customer service, support and billings.
- Maintains all required project documentation.
- Manages Job Start and Project Closeout process.
Applicant must have a minimum of 10+ years of experience working with an electrical contractor with direct experience in managing overhead utility construction projects as a Project Manager and Estimator. Applicant must be knowledgeable in all areas of electrical utility installation including distribution, small scale transmission projects and substations. Applicant must have a working knowledge of contract documents, project estimates, and construction methods and specifications. Applicant must be skilled in prioritizing, problem solving, multi-tasking and organizing. Excellent communication and computer skills are required. Applicant must maintain excellent communications and working relationships with clients and their representatives in addition to the following:
Computer Applications used to perform daily tasks
- Knowledge of basic labor relations, including union contract requirements and hiring practices.
- Knowledge of project financial management including billing, cash flow projections and related activities.
- Conceptual Budgeting and Design Build.
- Work in Progress Reporting and productivity monitoring.
- Coaching, teaching, mentoring, and personnel development.
- NFPA 70E, OSHA experience.
- Microsoft Office 365
- Estimating software
- Scheduling Software such as Primavera or MS Projects.
- Other Databases as needed
Join Contra Costa Electric, Inc, a division of EMCOR Group, the world-leading provider of planning, consulting, mechanical and electrical construction, and facilities services. EMCOR is a network of 79 companies and employs over 26,000 staff in more than 100 locations throughout the US and Canada, in Europe, the Middle East and South Africa. We offer our team members medical, dental, optical, 401K, vacation, and holiday pay. Apply now to join our great team today! For more information, please visit our website at emcorgroup.com
Contra Costa Electric, Inc, requires all new hires to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. Contra Costa Electric, Inc, is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled