Kforce has a client that is seeking an Electrical/Regulatory Engineer is responsible for the testing, qualification and certification of all new, modified or existing products to ensure they meet the latest Regulatory Standards in Foothill Ranch, CA.Duties:Essential Functions of the position include, but are not limited to;
- Establish and maintain relationships with outside agencies for product safety, EMI/EMC, vendors and or suppliers.
- Participate in the product development team: review new designs up-front to ensure all requirements for the appropriate agency compliance and considerations are met
- Lead and direct all in-house or outside testing for agency compliance of the product(s) for EMI (Immunity), EMC (emissions) and other regulatory standards. Including requesting quotations, preparation of schedules, reports, test procedures & test plans; and perform troubleshooting in the case of issues reported by FCC laboratories
- Lead in the creation, development and maintenance of in-house test procedures, test plans and guidelines for product compliance in reference to the various and latest regulatory standards.
- Support latest changes in regards to RoHS and REACH and ensure products being released can meet those standards
- Support Weights and Measure (NTEP) certification of Self-Checkout Systems
- Initiate and or coordinate root cause analysis on non-compliance relating to regulatory issues.
- Validate third-party suppliers' peripherals like thermal Printers, Scanner/Scales, LCD displays
- Validate Solid State drives, Memory Modules
- Some design and release of electrical interconnect cable assemblies
- Perform computer hardware design, testing, validation, and troubleshooting of Self-Checkout, Cash Handling devices and Self-Service Kiosk Terminals
- Travel to support sales/customers 15% of the time
- Customarily and regularly exercises independent discretion and judgment
- Regular work site attendance
- 5 years progressive experience in the electronics manufacturing or design and development engineering in the areas of product design, testing, product safety and EMI/EMC testing and verification in an ISO environment
- Working knowledge of the agency standard requirements UL/CSA 62368-1, VCCI, FCC, TUV, En61000, EN55032, CE self-certification & CB certifications; and EMI/EMC
- Hands-on experience in using Spectrum analyzer, RF Signal Analyzer, AC source, power meters, Oscilloscope as well as understanding schematics and electrical wiring diagrams
- Knowledge of Laser safety
- Knowledge of RoHS and REACH
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Be self-motivated and work well within a small diverse group of individuals. Quickly become the technical expert within the group and be able to effectively communicate with account sales personnel and customers
- Preferred experience and interest in currency handling equipment, mechatronics, systems engineering
- Excellent team player, problem solver with a high level of self-motivation and initiative
- Able to meet deadlines on a consistent basis
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers
- Ability to work independently (and with limited supervision) while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and departments at all levels within the organization
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
This job has expired.