There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
About the Module Bracket Design Release Engineer Role
GM is undergoing a major transformation, both in how we operate and in how we will influence the future of transportation. The Module Bracket Design Release Engineer is a key Mechanical Engineering position within the Electrical SMT responsible for creating robust attachment solutions in proper packaging environments for electrical modules and batteries on vehicle programs.
- Ensures that the design, development, and release of the bracket(s) are robustly integrated within the vehicle architecture with quality
- Owns the Bracket Statement of Requirements, component timing plan, issues, etc. and manages details when changes are required
- Develops engineering designs
- Releases parts for production
- Manages the cost, quality, mass, etc. for the respective bracket(s), ensuring a robust yet cost and mass efficient design
- Supports pre-production build events including both physical and virtual builds
- Provides assembly plant launch and remediation support
- Assists bench marking analysis to support innovation, trade off or cost /benefit analysis
- Communicates, coordinates, and consults with other engineering departments, suppliers and customers for overall engineering activities
- Presents status updates to Vehicle Chief Engineer and Program Team
- Minimum 2 years' experience in automotive engineering industry required
- Minimum 2 years' experience in packaging and bracket design/engineering required (and/or other structural components)
- 2 years' post-graduation experience in Design Release Engineer role
- 2 years' experience participating in DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) activities
- 1 or more years of experience with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- This position requires legally operating a motor vehicle on a daily basis
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 2% max; mostly local plants / suppliers)
- 8 years' experience in automotive engineering industry strongly preferred
- 6 years' experience in packaging and bracket design/engineering strongly preferred (and/or other structural components)
- Familiarity with DFSS (Design For Six Sigma) process
- Familiarity with CAE methods/processes
- Familiarity with Vehicle Development and Production Launch process
- Knowledge of metal materials, processes, and tooling
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of mechanical/electrical mechanisms
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Exhibits appropriate interpersonal styles, teamwork skills, and communication methods to work effectively with cross-functional and cross-cultural business partners to meet mutual goals
- Specific knowledge of engineering discipline within job-related area
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- Knowledge of engineering software and systems as it pertains to job-related area
- Masters Degree in Engineering or MBA preferred
- DFSS Black Belt Certification Preferred
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.