Electrical Maintenance- Fayette, AL
Georgia-Pacific is seeking Electrical Maintenance role in our lumber mill in Fayette, AL. The position offers competitive pay, benefits, and career opportunities for those with a desire to excel in a fast-paced, team orientated environment. Hourly rate will be based on years of experience. The Electrical Maintenance role will support our operations efficiency through troubleshooting and maintaining manufacturing equipment and processes. In our environment employees, can thrive and they are encouraged to create the greatest value for themselves, the organization, our customers, and society.
If you want to be a part of a team that works safely, produces a quality product, and provides ongoing learning opportunities, this may be the job for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting and maintaining advanced PLC/5 and Control Logix
- Reading assembly drawings, schematics, and equipment layouts
- Maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing electronic circuits
- Maintaining, troubleshooting, and replacing control devices
- Understanding and using data to improve productivity
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
- Assisting crew members and working in a team environment
- Helping meet or exceeding production waste and quality goals
Keeping work area clean
- Potential to work any shift, including holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
This is a non-climate controlled mill, meaning temperatures can be very high in the summer, and cold in the winter.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Minimum of (2-3) years of experience without a technical degree or (0-1) years of experience with a 2 year degree in an Electrical\Electronics or related field
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining pneumatic systems
What Will Put You Ahead
- Understand and demonstrate proper use of electrical tools
- Experience with PLC
- Demonstrate effective and logical troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated, reliable, positive attitude, strong work ethic and respect for others
- Possess a working knowledge of OSHA safety requirements
- Experience troubleshooting hydraulic components
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf