Local Unit & Position Description
Are you passionate about renewables energy and looking to expand your impact?
Are you interested in having a hand in shaping the direction of the fast-growing solar and storage industry?
DNV's Energy Transition Outlook predicts that we will exhaust the 1.5 degree carbon budget in 2028. How will you spend your next 5 years making a measurable impact on climate change mitigation?
DNV Energy's Electrical Engineering team is growing rapidly. Our team is comprised of highly skilled electrical engineers performing owner's engineering, preliminary design, interconnection services, technical due diligence for new construction and repowering, and construction monitoring for the solar PV and battery energy storage system (BESS) industries.
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer - Solar and Storage to join our team. The Electrical Engineer's skillset will both shape the direction and application of expertise to services, as well as complement a group of highly-skilled, Senior- and Principal level experts making a daily impact in the development, design and construction of projects. The Electrical Engineer, depending on skillsets and interest, will perform a wide variety of technical tasks applying experience and training in electrical power systems, electronics, controls and instrumentation in support of the design, development and construction of renewable energy projects.
Why should you work with us?
Because within DNV's Renewables and Power Grids group and organizational culture, how we collectively influence the world for future generations matters deeply to us. Our team works every day to increase the widespread deployment and operation of renewables to address climate change and positively impact society; endeavors to achieve our purpose through the success of our Customers; and strives to be high-performing and innovative. Our approach reflects the equity, respect, and diversity we wish to see in the world.
DNV's Engineers work closely with our customers to fundamentally understand their challenges and provide advisory and expertise to improve the performance, reliability and safety of utility scale projects. DNV provides comprehensive consultative sales training and connections to ensure that the engineer will have the opportunity to grow and apply their skillset widely across the industry.
The design engineer will primarily be executing on utility-scale solar and storage project consulting. Project development phases include conceptual, design, procurement/construction, and operational. Projects include a diverse mix of utility-scale solar and storage technologies, equipment manufacturers, and site locations.
Our Customers are primarily sophisticated developers, utilities, and EPCs developing solar and energy storage projects across the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean.
DNV's Engineers work closely with our Customers to fundamentally understand their challenges and provide advisory and expertise to improve the performance, reliability and safety of utility scale projects. DNV provides comprehensive consultative sales training and connections to ensure that the engineer will have the opportunity to grow and apply their skillset widely across the industry.
This is a hybrid position and may be based in any of our DNV offices across continental United States
What You'll Do
Position QualificationsWhat is Required
- Evaluate solar and storage technologies with respect to project goals, including modules, DC components, inverters, racking, BESS containers, BESS balance of plant equipment, and medium voltage systems
- Create, organize, and maintain documents associated with projects' basis of design throughout the project life cycle; consider key project risks
- Review and incorporate electrical studies including ampacity studies, load flow, reactive power capability, short circuit, grounding, arc flash
- Project management of complex projects; provide timely client communications; coordinate and supervise work by junior personnel, other company divisions, and subcontractors
- Support proposals including scope of services, schedule, budget, and documentation requirements Develop detailed design packages for utility-scale solar PV and storage systems that meet all contractual, code, and permitting requirements, including plan and elevation drawings, schematics, and calculations
- Support site assessments and preparation of energy models in cooperation with internal DNV GL engineering teams
What is Preferred
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited university, EE or ME preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in solar or storage/BESS power system engineering
- North American working experience is required
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or computer-based drafting
- Candidates need to have working experience with solar and/or storage power generation systems
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
What We Offer
- Knowledge of National Electric Code and other model codes
- Knowledge of industry best practices and technical standards
- Ability to work effectively in team environment
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with diverse people, clients and co-workers.
- Flexibility and adaptability - issues and tasks may change quickly
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays, personal days)
- Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision benefits
- Spending accounts - FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, company-seeded HSA
- Special programs - Employee Assistance Program, ID theft protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and your family
- Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- 401(k) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
**Benefits may vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee electionHow We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department (email@example.com). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
DNV is proud to announce being named one of Houston's best places to work in the 2022 Houston Business Journal - Best Places to Work competition.For more information
https://www.eeoc.gov/know-your-rights-workplace-discrimination-illegal Read more here
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
Please visit our website at www.dnv.com
As required by the various Pay Transparency laws, DNV provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado, California, Washington, or New York. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the states of Colorado, California, Washington, and New York only, the range of starting pay for this role is $110,000 - $140,000Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
This job has expired.