MAG Aerospace is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our team at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. This position supports C5ISR state of the art concepts and technology design, development, testing and troubleshooting as part of the Engineering and Systems Integration Directorate (ES&I), in The Prototype Integration Facility (PIF). The successful candidate will have strong understanding of system level power delivery (could be from vehicles, commercial power, aircraft power) interconnect (electrical properties, PDUs, cable assemblies, wire harnesses, circuit breakers), knowledge of Communications, RF design, and ECAD/CAD experience is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but not limited to:
The successful candidate will support the mission of the C5ISR Center ES&I, Ground Integration and Engineering Division, Engineering Design Branch, integrating C5ISR equipment and systems, including Command Post shelters, vehicle installation kits and transit cases. Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
The required skills and knowledge include:
- US Citizenship and Must Currently Possess an Active Secret Clearance
- Ability to communicate and work in an integrated team of CAD designers, electrical integrators and technicians throughout the design, build, test and fielding process.
- Ability to design/develop and integrate advanced electrical systems; including power distribution/allocation, satellite, and radio communications, Positioning/Navigation/Timing (PNT), servers, routers and wireless devices used in complex C5ISR systems.
- Ability to utilize automated design tools, ie CAD, ECAD
- Ability to read and create electrical drawings
- Basic understanding of how Radio Frequencies interact in the environment
- Ability to perform in an independent working environment directly supporting customers
The minimum years of related experience required:
- A minimum of 3 years electrical engineering design experience, preferably with military C5ISR equipment and vehicles required.
The minimum level of education required is:
- Bachelor's degree required, Electronic Engineering preferred
- 8 years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
The desired skills, knowledge, and education include:
- Demonstrates engineering intuition, critical thinking, and comfort with ambiguity
- Works collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams to define cross-functional interfaces
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze and resolve hardware integration issues
- Ability to use lab equipment, such as multimeters, power meters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, and spectrum analyzers
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio)
- Experience with schematic design and CAD tools (PTC CREO, Solidworks, AutoCAD etc.)
- Familiarity with military and commercial industry standards such as IPC/WHMA-A-620, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464, etc.
- 25% travel required
- Ability to work in office and lab environment.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to our positions.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.Click below for the "EEO is The Law" and "Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination" supplement posters.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is committed to providing an online application process that is accessible to all, including individuals with a disability, by offering an alternative way to apply for job openings. This alternative method is available for those who cannot otherwise complete the online application due to a disability or need for accommodation.MAG provides reasonable accommodation to applicants under the guidance of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam-Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and certain state and/or local laws.
If you need assistance due to a disability, please contact the MAG Aerospace Recruiting email:Applicant.Assist@magaero.com or call (703) 376-8993.