Job ID: 229202
CRH is a leading global diversified building materials group, employing over 85,000 people at more than 3,600 locations in 32 countries. Imagine a company capable of providing the modern building materials needed to build our homes, schools, communities, even the bridges and highways to get you there. We are CRH Americas, North America's largest manufacturer of building products and the second largest globally.
The Senior Tax Accountant is responsible for certain functions in the tax department including, but not limited to preparation of, Federal, state and local income and franchise tax returns, income tax provisions as well as overall income tax support throughout the organization. This position will be based in the Atlanta Headquarters.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions):
- Preparation of Federal, state and local income and franchise tax returns, extension and estimates for a large consolidated filing group.
- Preparation of partnership income tax returns.
- Preparation of tax provision schedules and assisting with consolidating provision schedules.
- Various tax department projects as required including tax research and asset deal acquisitions and divestments.
- Facilitate with state notices and audit responses.
- Preparation of tax account reconciliations and related journal entries.
- Other duties as directed by management
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- Minimum of 3 years income tax experience with at least 2 years public accounting experience required
- CPA or Master's degree in Taxation a plus
- OneSource Income Tax experience a plus
- Must be 18 years in age or older
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Willingness to work independently within in a team environment and assist the team with other duties as required
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required
- Maintain professional demeanor at all times while representing the company
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Advanced Excel skills required; Microsoft Access experience preferred
- Demonstrate tax technical and tax research skills
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate ideas and concepts to management team throughout company
- Complete work independently and collaborate within a team environment
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Sep 18, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.