It's a great feeling to work for a company that does so much good for others around the world!
Child Care License pending.
- Previous early childcare experience.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Child Development Associate (CDA) credential or a state-awarded certificate that meets or exceeds the requirements for a CDA credential, enrolled in a program that will lead to an associate or baccalaureate degree or, are enrolled in a CDA credential program to be completed within 24 months of the time of hire.
- Valid driver's license and work eligibility status.
- Pass a criminal and driving background check
Bilingual (Spanish)Critical Action Items:
1. Protect the physical and mental health and safety of our children and no child is left alone or unsupervised while under our care.
2. Assist with providing an organized learning environment that promotes healthy development and children's skill growth aligned with the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework: Ages Birth to Five, including children with disabilities and dual language learners as appropriate.
3. Assist with the implementation of prescribed curricula to provide developmentally appropriate learning experiences in language, literacy, social and emotional development, math, science, social studies, creative arts, and physical development, and integrate child assessment data in individual and group planning.
4. Support screenings, assessments, and ongoing evaluation of the child's developmental level and progress in outcomes.
5. Support opportunities for parents and family members to engage in their child's development and in program services, including but not limited to parent conferences, home visits, and group activities.
7. Follow appropriate practices to keep children safe during all activities, including reporting at a minimum suspected or known child abuse and neglect, appropriate supervision of children at all times; and all standards of conduct.
8. Comply with positive adult-child interactions as measured by the CLASS: Pre-K instrument.
9. Support and participate in staff development, including completion of minimum training requirements as specified in state and federal standards, continuing professional development, and staff wellness initiatives.Other Responsibilities:
1. Support classroom activities as directed by the teacher and assist with transitions to and from the classroom.
2. Support the use of age-appropriate equipment, materials, supplies and physical space for indoor and outdoor learning environments, including functional space, and change materials periodically to support children's evolving interests and development.
3. Communicate child observations to teachers, including the identification of potential interference with a child's development and school readiness.
4. Support teachers' coordination with education, family, mental health and/or child development professional program staff to address identified needs.
5. Support school functions, scheduled meetings and team decisions and operations.
6. Maintain confidentiality in all areas of child and program operations.
7. Perform other job duties as assigned.
1. Response to classroom requests for support is timely and is compliant with Office of Head Start and agency regulations, policies, and protocols.
2. Regular communication with teachers ensures they are well informed about their students' behavior, and progress.
3. The classroom is free from physical and environmental hazards.
4. Incident reporting occurs within the timeframes designated in program policy and protocol.
1. Demonstrate the ability to respond sensitively and competently to the service population's cultural and socio-economic characteristics.
2. Communicate in writing and verbally in English and Spanish (preferred).
3. Demonstrated ability to maintain emotional control and professional composure at all times.
4. Demonstrate a working knowledge of all Innovative Network of Knowledge (INK) policies and procedures.
5. Ability to organize and prioritize duties and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
Here at INK, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. Please feel free to apply for this position even if your work experience and education do not align perfectly with every requirement for this job description. You may very well be the perfect candidate for this role or other ones that we have open. Thank you for your interest in joining our mission!
INK is committed to following immunization recommendations produced by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC). As such, our company policy requires that all employees must receive an annual Influenza vaccination or obtain an approved exemption as a medical or religious accommodation. This is a condition of employment, and all new hires will be responsible for providing proof.
INK, is an Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of INK, not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignments, benefits, layoff, and termination.
English (United States)
If you like to work with people that believe they can make a difference in the world, this is the company for you!EEO Statement
It our policy to provide equal employment opportunity and treat all employees equally regardless of age, race, creed/religion, color, national origin, immigration status or citizenship status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, genetic information or genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, partnership status, victim of domestic violence, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Click here to view the "EEO is the law" poster
This job has expired.