Job Summary (External):
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare's mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
Patient Service Technicians (PSTs) at Apria improve the quality of life for our patients at home by delivering, setting up, and instructing patients on the use of medical equipment (e.g., respiratory supplies, oxygen equipment, hospital beds, wheelchairs, etc.) in their homes and care facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers and picks up equipment from homecare patients. Sets up equipment and instructs patients on the basic use of equipment. Assists patients in solving problems regarding equipment use.
- Schedules and organizes daily deliveries and pickups according to geographic territory. Loads and unloads durable medical or infusion equipment, oxygen and medical supplies onto delivery vehicle.
- Complies with all applicable regulatory requirements including providing documents needed for the driver qualification file and abiding by hours of service, daily log, hazardous materials (placarding, training and shipping papers) and vehicle inspection and maintenance regulations.
- Completes necessary paperwork including daily delivery logs, pick-up and delivery forms, reimbursement documents and vehicle maintenance logs. Distributes paperwork to appropriate personnel.
Notify supervisor if any one of the following items is discovered in the patient's home:
- Physical abuse of any family member
- Home environment is unsafe for the care ordered, such as unsanitary conditions or insufficient food for children
- Animals in the home that cause unsanitary conditions
- Maintains daily vehicle maintenance logs and incident reports. Ensures vehicles are in proper working condition. Ensures preventive maintenance on vehicles is performed on a timely basis according to D.O.T., F.D.A. and Joint Commission.
- Responds to emergency delivery calls as needed and on an on-call basis.
- May clean and assist with the repair of equipment.
- Performs routine vehicle maintenance including the checking of gasoline, oil fluids, tire pressure and brakes. Reports malfunction to supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications (External):
Education and/or Experience
- Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma is required.
- At least one-year related work experience is required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older at the time of hire.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Must possess a commercial driver's license.
- Successful completion of Apria Healthcare's Driver Training Program.
- Must meet job-related requirements to comply with D.O.T., F.D.A. and Joint Commissions regulations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to travel by plane and automobile (if applicable).
- Regularly required to use hands to write, use computer, operate a motor vehicle, use a hand held device, telephone and use a document imaging system and manipulate documents.
- Regularly required to read documents and write neatly, legibility and transcribe accurate information and numbers/values.
- Employee continually engages in activities that require talking and hearing.
- This position requires frequent variations including sitting, walking, standing, kneeling, reaching or stooping.
- The employee must possess and maintain a valid driver's license, specific to vehicle operated in the conduct of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job safely include close vision, distant vision, night (low to limited light) vision and the ability to adjust focus to work on a computer and read documents.
- Strength Aspects:
- Frequently required to stand and lift objects from 1" to 36" high with weights ranging from 10 lbs - 160 lbs, and carry objects for distances ranging from 1 ft -350 ft, including travel up and down stairs or in elevators.
- Frequently required to push or pull objects weighing from 20 lbs - 60 lbs, up and down stairs, through doorways and thresholds, using dollies or carts, or on flat or angled surfaces which may include outdoor surfaces, carpeting or smooth floors. Distances pushed or pulled could range from 1-25 ft on average.
- Frequently required to grip objects with hands, up to 15 lbs of force.
- Frequently required to grip objects with fingers, up to 10 lbs of force.
- Body Position and Flexibility Elements
- Frequently required to climb 100 stairs on average ranging from 3"-10" in height,
- Frequently stepping in and out of company vehicles ranging up to 20" in height.
- Occasionally required to climb ladders up to 10' high, in general.
- Frequently required to bend down at the waist to a torso level of 24" above the floor.
- Frequently required to reach, on average, 20" away from the body.
- Occasionally required to kneel on one or both knees and squat to perform many of the above tasks.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- The employee is required to inspect and safely operate a motor vehicle during the day and night and in a wide range of weather and traffic conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is varies based on the locations or activities proximate to which can range from low to high.
- There is moderate exposure to dust, fume, mists and odors.
- Temperature ranges from normal indoor climate-controlled environment in buildings or vehicles and various outdoor conditions and temperature extremes encountered throughout the year in a variety of US states.
- General lighting is generally provided via florescent lighting indoors, and natural lighting outdoors, and low light conditions consistent with outdoor and/or night working environment.
- During off site travel events the employee may be exposed to higher noise levels requiring the use of hearing protection, with moderate potential exposure to moderate dust, chemicals, fumes and odors, as well as cryogenic and cleaning agents.
- During off site travel events the employee may be required to ride in company delivery vehicles and accompany employees on deliveries and enter into patient homes.
- May be required to receive vaccinations and participate in medical assessments and testing consistent with the work environment or patients exposed to.
- Will be required to wear various personal protective equipment consistent with the hazards encountered in this role.
- Will be required to use hand tools for assembly and repair, material handling equipment, cutting, carrying devices, cleanup kits or equipment.
- May be required to work with cryogenic fluids requiring special precautions and PPE.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Comprehensive benefits package offered for eligible employees:
- Competitive salary
- Ability to have early access to earned wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Savings Accounts
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation, Personal Time, Paid Sick Leave & Paid Holidays
- 401K Savings Plan (available immediately)
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Reward Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan (available immediately)
- We recognize our veterans by offering a company paid day off for Veterans Day
- Career Advancement/ Development Opportunities
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Annual compensation is based on a 40 hour week
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet
This job has expired.