A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Supervise operations associates in a half million square foot Distribution center which includes establishing performance standards, monitoring employee performance, and engaging employees in the business. The Supervisor is responsible for adherence with all company operating procedures and government regulations (ISO, GMP, OSHA, DEA, DOT, CFR, IATA, IMO, etc.). Must have the ability to actively engage teams in business related metrics centered around safety, quality, and efficiency. Leads, initiates, promotes and actively participates in process improvement initiatives and cross functional teams resulting in safety, quality, productivity and cost saving improvements. Coordinates with Sales & Marketing, Packaging Engineering, Procurement, Production, Packaging, Distribution, Compliance and Carriers and Freight Forwarders to resolve storage, packaging, shipping and customers concerns.
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree in any discipline
- Equivalent work experience of 1 year of experience for each full year of education required.
- Two plus years of supervisory experience, or successful completion of Supervisor Trainee Program.
- Operational experience in a Distribution Center or in Chemical Manufacturing is preferred.
- General Office Environment: Noise level in office environment is generally quiet.
- Distribution/Warehouse Environment: Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. Wears appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment "PPE" to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles. The work area may occasionally be wet, humid abnormally hot or cold.
If performing warehouse/distribution duties:
What we offer:
- Occasionally sits, stands, walks, reaches above the shoulder, stoops, kneels, twists, crouches or crawls for long periods of time and stays on your feet for eight hours.
- Talks, hears, tastes and smells.
- Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 60 pounds unassisted. Employee may be required to move more than 60 pounds with assistance.
- Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly uses phones, computers, computer monitors and all office equipment. The employee will also type at a computer keyboard and have the ability to read CRTs/computer monitors.
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 214857
Career Level: A - Current Student
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.