EMCOR Group, Inc. (NYSE: EME) is a Fortune 500 company and a leader in mechanical and electrical construction, industrial and energy infrastructure, and building services.
A provider of critical infrastructure systems. EMCOR gives life to new structures and sustains life in existing ones by it planning, installing, operating, maintaining, and protecting the sophisticated and dynamic systems that create facility environments. This includes electrical, mechanical, lighting, air conditioning, heating, security, fire protection, and power generation systems--in virtually every sector of the economy and for a diverse range of businesses, organizations and government. EMCOR represents a rare combination of broad reach with local execution, combining the strength of an industry leader with the knowledge and care of 170 locations.
Job Title: --Director, Safety
Job Summary: -- Provide safety and occupational health thought leadership and oversight at multiple EMCOR companies as assigned. Works with operating company leadership to improve safety and operational performance and ensure compliance with applicable policies and regulations.
May provide leadership and support as assigned in other areas such as fleet management, environmental compliance, business continuity management, development of local safety personnel, operational process improvement, sustainability efforts, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: --
- Special Projects - some examples below, but may change based on needs:
- Update, revise and develop leadership focused program offerings, integrated with SQP goals and resources, to deliver and work with designated EMCOR companies.
- Assist in the assessment, delivery and follow up of shop productivity reviews.
- Aid in the identification and dissemination of good work practice, productivity advantages, innovations and other business enhancing practices.
- Lead in the redevelopment and redeployment of existing programs such as Business Continuity Planning, or the Quality Management System.
- Safety Director:
- Support the development, planning, and implementation of safety and other related policies and procedures for 5-10 companies employing roughly 3,000 to 6,000 employees
- Monitors assigned companies to ensure they follow company policies and local, state, and federal workplace regulations
- Ensures safety documentation and required recordkeeping is maintained
- Assists operating company Safety Directors with analysis, development and implementation of action plans
- Monitors hazards and makes recommendations for incident prevention to operating company leadership
- Assists assigned operating companies with the investigation of any serious injuries or incidents
- Monitors and assists with the implementation of applicable EMCOR safety, quality, productivity or other initiatives
- Reviews all incident reports for assigned companies for completeness and accuracy and helps identify and implement corrective actions at assigned companiesEmbed in designated companies, or divisions to assist in SQP related change implementation in concert with other assigned SQP Safety Directors.
- Extensive travel required (60 to 80%)
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- B.A. / B.S. or equivalent trade experience required, BCSP Certifications a plus.
- 10 years minimum leadership experience in addressing and reducing risk in a dynamic, hazardous and labor-intensive industry. Desirable examples include but are not limited to: mechanical or electrical construction, mobile mechanical services, industrial maintenance or construction, site based facilities services or the associated trades, manufacturing, military or other deployable skilled labor force.
- Strong knowledge of, or ability to gain knowledge of local, state and federal environmental health and safety regulations and practices in construction and general industry applications,
- Strong understanding of business processes
- Strong interpersonal, management, communication, writing, and organizational skills
- Experience operating independently with little day-to-day supervision
- Experience with and ability to interact with others effectively through virtual means (MS Teams, Webex, Zoom)
- Experience with MS 365 applications
General office, field construction or industrial environment. Considerable stress may occur at times. May involve exposure to work hazards. Job requires extensive walking, climbing and standing. May be home office based.
EMCOR Group requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. EMCOR Group is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.Notice to prospective employees:
There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent. We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.