This position has oversight for all real estate development, multi-site workplace services, planning, operations and development across Regeneron's rapidly growing businesses & locations. This role will provide the insight, direction and leadership to optimize our facilities assets and acts as a steward with an eye on the goals that are directly tied to our teams, workplaces & environment.
As the Director of Real Estate & Workplace Services, a typical day might include:
- Working with senior leaders from across the entire organization including; HR, IT, Finance and the Law Dept. in development of and guidance for our RE portfolio strategies.
- Being responsible for the activities relating to lease versus buy, site selection, design, planning, construction of new facilities, and modification or expansion of existing facilities, including acquiring vital licenses, permits, and clearances.
- Leading and running the teams within the Workplace Services business, including: Shipping & Receiving, Site Logistics (including Warehouse Operations) Media Services, Site Amenities and Events, Real Estate Portfolio Management and Lease Administration.
- Leading external real estate resources (legal, brokerage, contractors/vendors) for each transaction including leases, contract creation and administration. Facilitating the completion of the business case approval; providing budget, cost projections and project timeframe to internal partners
- Preparing detailed reports and presentations for senior management
- Providing leadership, mentorship, advice, coaching and direct support where required to deliver the selection, training, assessment and recognition/rewards to a rapidly growing matrixed organization
This role might be for you if:
- You have extensive experience developing and owning Real Estate & Facilities Administration budgets and performing efficiency analyses
- You can deliver innovative thought-leadership to build an outstanding customer experience and environment while continually seeking opportunities to improve upon service delivery and reduce costs.
- You can represent the organization in matters associated with land development, planning commissions, state and local governing bodies, and miscellaneous associations
- You can develop and implement progressive ideas to drive function and build operational excellence
- You can initiate and maintain strategic relationships internally and externally to advance business goals
- You have led a hard-working, hybrid facility management team to execute against service levels and drive high levels of customer satisfaction.
- You can think broadly about strengths, opportunities and challenges, set realistic goals and develop action plans to achieve them by translating broad goals into achievable steps
To be considered for this opportunity you must possess; a Bachelor's degree (required) a Master's degree is preferred within Facilities, Engineering or Business Administration. 10-15 years of advancing experience within facilities management / leadership within a multi-site R&D laboratory, biotechnology or pharmaceutical environment. Sophisticated fiscal planning and leadership skills, with a strong understanding of the complexities of a multi-site environment. The attributes associated with a positive and upbeat leader who leads by example through personal effort and initiative, a strategic listener with solid verbal and written communication skills and a proven track record of embracing a collaborative work style that encourages partnership.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.