Carlisle Companies, a global leader in the building materials industry, is in search of a Director of Operations for its Henry & Coatings & Waterproofing Businesses.
Desired location in Dallas/Plano/Richardson area, we are open to candidates outside of this area who are willing to travel more extensively.
Due to continued growth, management of capacity and required capital expansion will be a key responsibilities along with near- and long-term strategic planning, ensuring facilities operate with excellence (safety, quality, delivery, and cost), manage teams with mutual trust, respect and integrity, and support businesses toward profitable growth.
* Drive results and regularly review metrics relating to Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
* Lead and mentor 15 Plant Managers, 2 Safety Leaders and Project Management in achieving business targets and financial metrics
* Support Lean initiatives (Carlisle Operating System) -- to include PD projects, MDI, 5S, TPM, kaizen and best practice sharing amongst plants.
* Collaborate with sales, demand/supply planning, engineering, safety, quality and other cross functional teams to proactively develop companywide manufacturing product and service solutions.
* Drive consistency in structure and operational practices as acquisitions of like businesses are made.
* Champion annual efforts to build operating and capital budgets.
* Responsible for analyzing technology, resource needs, and market demand to plan and assess the feasibility of company projects.
* Ensure facilities are following all OSHA and company required safety programs, policies, and practices, including but not limited to those activities to fully engage all team members.
* Ensure facilities safely follow all environmental rules in compliance with federal, state and local laws and share best practices across the organization.
* Interview, hire, and facilitate training for additions to the operations leadership team.
* Provide regular performance updates to the senior leadership team.
* Team oriented and trusted leader with an ability to align diverse groups
* Create and maintain relationships with supporting departments, sales groups and various material and equipment suppliers
* Ability to quickly gain input, make decisions, and assure alignment
* Effective verbal and written communications
* Ability to effectively present to large groups.
* Performance assessment, feedback and accountability.
* Strong understanding of lean manufacturing concepts and tools
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other related discipline
* 7 + years of experience managing large plant operations including multi-site
* Strong analytical skills and strong working knowledge of data analysis
* Strong transferable knowledge of lean principles and continuous improvement tools
* Strong safety orientation and ability to hold team accountable
* Proven and effective decision-making skills
* Demonstrated ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
* Shown ability to set strategy and lead a large diverse team
* Solid communication skills both verbal and written
* Experience in integrating acquisitions a plus (but not required)
* Up to 50% overnight travel to be expected
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Posted 37 minutes ago
Posted 8 minutes ago
Posted 8 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!