Director, Omni-Shopper Marketing - L'Oreal Paris Hair Color
Job: Director, Omni-Shopper
Position type: Permanent
Employment type: Full - Time
Location: New York - New York
- Lead the omni-shopper strategy and engagement experience.
- Oversee the omni-shopper manager's creation and execution monthly national GTM consumer-centric activation plans (in-store and online) in partnership with Marketing and BBD to support pillars, launches and gain market share.
- Understand the assortment requirements to win on-line and in-store. Work with account managers to optimize e-commerce hero sku strategy and develop kits/multi-packs/exclusive products. Provide insights and co-lead development of special sizes, new bundles, bonus skus opportunities for B&M.
- Ensure omni-shopper managers are responsible for on-time execution and budgets for all planned activities & maintenance and distribution of all shopper trackers + owner of omni-channel insights on the team
Brick & Mortar:
- Review and approve national promotional calendar, competitive tracking
- Review and approve national & customer marketing budgets and planning
- Align on the display vision and retailer adaptation with category heads and omni-shopper managers
- Oversee in-store execution and results measurement of perm-merch.
- Collaborate with Omni-Shopper Managers to influence Sales, Customer Marketing, Business Development and Brand Marketing to customize online and in-store go-to-market activation plans for key accounts to maximize market share through all levers available from an omni-channel perspective.
- Includes display/in-store activations, sampling, off-shelf placement, e-retail media, local media, m1 budgets and digital content.
- Liaison between brand marketers, brand engagement, consumer activation and customer marketing to secure CRM/owned social support for retailer activations.
- Strategize with omni-shopper managers on e-commerce projections, tracking, end-to-end integration with B&M & activation. Oversee the strategy for each account & partner with sales to proactively adjust plans to deliver sell-through/sell-in targets.
- Liaison between E-commerce team, Global Marketing, Brand Marketers and platform managers
- Provide direction to omni-shopper managers to execute the development of new launch PDPs content/copy for e-retailer websites. Ensure execute A+ content.
- Influence the strategic planning and execution of e-Retail Media/Search for key accounts, including briefing, reporting, creative asset development, ongoing optimizations and investment strategy for e-retail for brand/category.
- Provide guidance to category analyst on E-commerce data ownership and analysis
- Keep current on all new e-commerce tools and opportunities to continuously test & learn and drive e-commerce acceleration and O to O strategy.
Team and Meeting Management:
- Ensure team development and positive morale
- Foster collaboration within the team and with our core partners (DMI, commercial, finance etc)
- Recruit and retain employees
- Lead, develop and influence team structure
- Effectively manage, train and develop direct reports
- Recommend organizational structure changes and enhancements
Job Requirements: Education/Experience:
- Sales and growth / P&L (B&M + e-commerce)
- E-Commerce P&L and brand market share
- 360 plans aligned to brand equity and retailer needs
- Green on Clavis
- 7+ years of Industry related marketing or ecommerce work experience with customer-centric background,
- Desired In-depth knowledge of:
- Amazon and other key e-retailers
- Retailer strategy and opportunities for growth
- Omni-shopper levers and marketing insights
- Internal Processes and Systems: DPM/Sharepoint/Clavis/Vendor Central
- E-retail Media Strategy/Execution/Analysis (Search & Display)
- Demonstrated L'Oréal Competencies: Leadership, Entrepreneurial Management, Achiever, and Innovator. Strong appreciation for our business / sensitivity to métier
- Ability to work autonomously, strong organization and planning in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Proven marketing skills to develop 360 campaigns, tailored to each account, brand activation goals, portfolio gaps and opportunities.
- Leadership: Demonstration of leadership with team; support brand and customers
- Agility & Flexibility: Demonstration of performance under rapid-changing circumstances, tight deadlines, openness to change and to a dynamic role
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, rigorous quantitative data analysis and insight delivery needed. Sharp analytical skills to monitor & optimize ROI
- PC Proficiency (Microsoft Suite)/ advanced Excel desired
- Strong collaboration skills with ability to create a network of influence
- Market Research: ability to read and interpret research data
- Strong Interpersonal Skills (written and oral) including ability to present with clarity & conviction
- Creative storytelling & content creation
- Must be professional and energetic with a positive attitude. Ability to represent the brand at a high level in all retailer/internal meetings and functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected] . Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.