Manage a Team of Sales professionals responsible to sell products for various manufacturers and contractors including individuals at a sales office, store, showroom or customer’s place of business. In addition to managing the sales team to ensure their goals are met, also oversee various operational functions to include internal, accounting and people management topics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Include the following; other duties may be assigned)
- Fundamentally, this position must “own” the branch or region business and all aspects required to make it successfully grow. This role is a leadership role driving the overall Contractor Division business and growth initiatives
- Review performance of the Sales team as it relates to overall sales goals (utilizing the Company CRM system) and training requirements
- Ensure the sales team makes consistent sales calls on assigned accounts (onsite and via telephone)
- Develop sales team to display demonstrated competency on value-add services and solution selling
- Opportunity “funnel” management using the OneSource Dashboard
- Ensure sufficient opportunities to meet sales goals
- Analyze changes in market conditions as they apply to the territory
- Develop strong vendor relationships
- Develop good working relationships with all specialist and support personnel
- Attend and support various internal OneSource sales team trainings for inside and outside sales
- Lead monthly business and opportunity reviews with Sales Management Team
- Bring purpose and a plan of action before calling on accounts, report any observed financial problems to upper management
- Advise sales team of changes to accounts
- Embody personal leadership qualities through the following: Be in the moment to ensure authentic and humanistic interactions. Continuously volunteer discretionary effort and expect that of the team. Model desired behaviors to drive business results while also leveraging and respecting separate realities. Be curious in interactions with others and take personal accountability. Have courageous conversations when providing clear and specific expectations and feedback to the team; responsible to teach, coach and mentor the team to ensure their success.
- Provide clear and specific expectations to direct reports; set mutually agreed upon goals annually for each team member through an interactive process. Conduct periodic check-ins to provide meaningful performance feedback and guidance in relation to their performance to goal. Support team development through talent planning efforts in partnership with HR. Recognize succession needs, identify potential successors and manage development plans to ensure preparedness for succession activities.
- Support the department’s strategies which also align with the overall Company strategic plan; supports Company initiatives through day-to-day actions.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A or B.S.) from a 4-year college or University; or
- 10+ years' of related experience in managing professionals, preferably in sales management and multiple location responsibility; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and with little supervision
- Must demonstrate good time management skills
- Must possess strong planning, organizational and execution skills
- Must have the ability to set goals and meet deadlines
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Must demonstrate ownership of assigned responsibilities and ability to get the job done correctly and in a timely manner
- Must possess a proactive and positive team approach to problem resolution
- Must have the ability to establish strong working relationships with co-workers and management
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
☐ Immediate supervision over a unit, section or department where most of the time is spent assigning, reviewing, checking work and eliminating ordinary difficulties. Recommends candidates for hiring, termination; coaches and reviews performance, salary reviews and applies company policies.
☒ Direct manager of a unit, section, group or department involving responsibility for results in terms of cost, methods and personnel. Full accountability for hiring, discipline, discharge, performance reviews, team development, salary administration, etc.
Working Conditions and Environment: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Work is generally performed in an office environment, primarily at the customer’s place of business or other external environment, outside of the Company office
- Some work may be required at Customer’s Warehouse or shop facility where Personal Protective Equipment is required
- Work may require long hours, some of which are outside of standard hours of business operation such as attendance at customer meetings, business meals, Company or customer events, etc.
- Requires extensive travel via car with frequent stops and starts; may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions
If yes, the % of travel time required: 25%
Physical Demands (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions):
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb or balance. The employee will frequently lift and/or move 10 pounds and may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This job has expired.