Have you ever considered all of the technology and talent that goes into producing a gift card or a hotel key card? Maybe you should!
Let's talk about all of the expertise involved in delivering functional print products to the world's most recognized and respected brands -- and where you might fit in.
PLI is the largest Hospitality, Gift, and Loyalty Card manufacturer on the planet. But we know size without stature is meaningless. Being the biggest is the purposeful result of our determined drive to be the best. Dedicated to our customers' success. Invested in our employees' goals and achievements. We work hard. We play hard.
We nurture our own and give back to our communities. We don't just manufacture an impressive variety of card products. We deliver solutions in card form.
This job has expired.
PLI is looking for an experienced and motivated Director of Purchasing to join our team. As the Director of Purchasing, you will be responsible to oversee the purchasing activity for all PLI locations, including purchasing and inventory management of raw materials, vendor management, cost control, and managing and mentoring a dynamic team of purchasing professionals.
Duties and responsibilities
- Plan and implement the overall purchasing strategy
- Collaborate with Sales, Operations, and Customer Service teams
- Determine and maintain key KPIs for all levels of procurement activities to include but not be limited to supplier performance, buyer activity levels, financial performance, and material shortage elimination
- Participate in Vendor negotiations
- Suggest solutions for process improvements
- Identify process bottleneck and implement solutions promptly
- Train and evaluate team members
- Provide constructive feedback to direct hires and peers
- Work with finance, sales, and manufacturing team to determine best vendors and distributors
- Build and maintain good relationships with vendors